Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Will this be awkward at a bachelorette party?

I asked my fiance's daughter to be one of my BMs.  We get along really well and she seems excited to be involved in the wedding.  I'm actually closer to her age than to my fiance's.  She's 21 and in college.  I'm assuming she knows what bachelorette parties usually entail, but I'm not sure that I will feel comfortable drinking a lot and doing crazy, silly bachelorette things with my future husband's daughter.  I also don't want to make this a PG rated party just because she might be weirded out.  Any thoughts?   

Re: Will this be awkward at a bachelorette party?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of party are you envisioning?

I think you should have the party you want and hope she isn't weirded out. Maybe you'll have a lot of fun and grow closer to her?

It all depends on the dynamic, too, at 21 as a "step-mother" you don't take on as much of an authoritative role as if she was 7. KWIM?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe just stay away from penis memorabilia and don't participate in any "games" that involve going up to other guys.

Other than that, I bet she would have fun having some drinks with you and being laid back. Have fun!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_will-this-awkward-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:cfa6e7da-3c8a-4e08-94e0-2ebfb6fba41fPost:f09115c1-68d9-419c-b111-c89e19e4ff98">Re: Will this be awkward at a bachelorette party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can give her suggestions for what you were thinking, IF AND ONLY IF, she has offered the bach party. Parties are not required to be thrown by anyone.  You are unable to thrown your own, and if no one else wants to, then you don't have one.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I don't think she was suggesting that her future step-daughter THROW the party for her. I think she's just trying to decide if she should invite her and what she can do to make her more comfortable there.</div><div>
    </div><div>Who would expect their FI's daughter to throw them a bachelorette party? Haha.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards