Pre-wedding Parties
Options

How many is to many?

I am the co-MOH for my BFF. the other MOH and I are attempting to plan her bridal shower and when we asked for an estimared number of guest she came back with 80!! Um what?!? Every other shower I have hosted/been to have been maybe 30 people max?  She is planning on us having one shower that includes her family, friends, his family& friends.  I dont want to be a pain but shouldn't HIS family be hosting their own shower?

I'm going to just invite all 80 people b/c its her wedding but geez!!

Re: How many is to many?

• Options
    That is a lot.  Does she know that showers are usually the closest friends and family to the bride?  Not every female that is being invited?  Since you are hosting, you have a right to tell her how many you can host.  I think you and your co-host should talk, get on the same page, and approach the bride saying that although you would love to host everyone including his family, your budget won't accommodate it.  Ask her to narrow it down to closer to 30 ppl, and extend the invite to FMIL.

• Options
    the bride is asking for too much. The hosts get to decide the size of the guest list. You should tell her how many guests you and the other MOH are able to host and ask her to trim the guest list.

The MOG and sisters of the groom should be invited to the shower. If they would like to invite their whole family, they should host their own.

• Options
    slgirl21slgirl21 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    wow, that is alot of people for a bridal shower. how many ppl are in her actual wedding, because 80 people sounds like a "wedding" not a bridal shower, is she planning on having all 80 ppl attend the bachelorette party too, i hope not.
  • Options

She is planning on having 300 people at her wedding. So big in my opinion.  

• Options
    I would ask the bride to cut down the list somehow. In my circle, both families are invited, so the bridal showers tend to be bigger. But not 80 people bigger. I was given a list of 50 people and found out afterwards that the MOG gave me a list of all the females she had invited. I was so pissed. So definitely talk to the other MOH and the bride and come to an agreement. I kept my mouth shut and i regret it. 
    Talk with the other MOH and come up with a budget and the amount of people that can fit that budget. If the bride insists on keeping her 80 people, dude, suggest she find another host.
    Even pizza for that many people can add up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards