Pre-wedding Parties
Options

When to Give Host Gifts

I am having a shower tomorrow and was wondering when it would be appropriate to give them their gifts for hosting the shower. I'd be more comfortable giving them the gifts sometime after the shower, most likely later that night.

Re: When to Give Host Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I'd be interested to hear the responses. Never thought of giving host gifts! Do you mind if I ask what you are giving as a host gift?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I intend to show up early to the shower and give them their gifts then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_give-host-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d542228b-5eb4-4cb6-89a5-67a3657a66e8Post:8cad8d0a-cb73-46a6-864a-0aa2612c7459">Re: When to Give Host Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm... I'd be interested to hear the responses. Never thought of giving host gifts! Do you mind if I ask what you are giving as a host gift?
    Posted by laurenkronenberg[/QUOTE]

<div>I gave my shower hostess a mini LLBean tote bag with a bottle of local dessert wine and a Philosphy "thank you" bath set.  I gave it to her after most people had left the shower, and I sent her a thank you note later in the week (OP--I also answered you on Etiquette).</div><div>
    </div><div>I've heard of giving an umbrella or a bath set and writing a tag that says "hope your next shower is as good as mine," if you like the slightly corny stuff.  It's nice to get a little something, although all that's really necessary is a thank you note.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards