Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower and Bachelorette Party in the Same Day -- Who to Invite?

I live in NYC and my maids live in San Francisco, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, and DC.  We're going to do the bridal shower/bachelorette party in the same weekend in NYC so people don't have to make too many trips.  There are some local friends invited to the wedding, but we're not super duper close.  Can we invite them for the bachelorette night out and NOT the shower (which will probably we the same day) or is that tacky/weird?

Re: Shower and Bachelorette Party in the Same Day -- Who to Invite?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I always felt the bachelorette party was the more intimate of the two events. I thought that all the women that were invited to the wedding were traditionally invited to the shower whereas the bachelorette party had about ten to twenty of the bride's closest girlfriends and family. In that instance, I think it would be appropriate to invite them to the shower and not the bachelorette party. I feel like I would question not getting invited to the shower more than not getting invited to the bachelorette party. But that's just me. It's your bachelorette party. If you want them there, go for it. 
  • Options
    SmileItsMe22SmileItsMe22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that if they are invited to the wedding them they should be invited to the bridal shower. I would limit the bachelorette party to just your close friends. I would agree that the bachelorette is the most intimate of the two, IMO. Laughing Best wishes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  You're probably right that the shower is more inclusive.  Since we all live so far apart, I probably won't invite the long-distance people.  Or maybe extend the invitation, but not expect them?  Do I have to invite every woman invited to the wedding in the NYC area?  Including my fiancee's friends's girlfriends?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards