Pre-wedding Parties

Invites to Bridal Shower

Who should be invited to the bridal shower? All female guests?

Re: Invites to Bridal Shower

• edited December 2011
    It's only open to those invited to the wedding, but out of that I would invite closer female guests, particularly those who can mostly come to the shower. 
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only people invited to the shower should be those invited to the wedding. 

But that doesn't mean that ALL the women invited to the wedding should be invited to the shower.

In most circles, that means friends of the bride, mutual friends of the bride and groom, BMs, the moms, grandmothers, aunts and cousins.  But it also means that it's within what the hostesses comfortably host too.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only closest friends and family should be invited to a shower, not ALL female guests.

My preference is for a shower that is about 20 people or fewer.  I really don't care for the 40, 50, 60 people showers.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will not be inviting women to my shower that I don't talk to that are dates of the actual guest that we will be inviting (i.e.- some of my fiances friends wives)

Also, I am inviting a few of my gay male friends because they LOVE showers and buying gifts lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards