Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Etiquette

HI all, I need some advice.  My soon to be SIL is getting married and I'm helping plan her bridal shower.  I am wondering how many prizes for the guests is customary.  She is having a larger shower (75 people or so) and I'm not sure how many gifts I should get.  Thanks for your help! 

Re: Bridal Shower Etiquette

• Options
    I don't think there is a set rule and you really don't have to have them at all. If you really want to buy some prizes I think it depends on how many games you are playing and then who gets a prize: just 1st or 2nd and 3rd as well. It's really up to you and the other hosts to decide. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a question for a bridal shower onboard a cruise ship. I work on the ship as a dancer, and I'm getting married on land in May, but I'm on the ship until end of March. I want to have a bridal shower on the ship. I have invite a small amount of co-workers to the actual wedding due to size and budget, but I didn't know if it would be okay if I invited more girls to the shower. We all live and work together, so to only have a few of the women at the shower would seem exclusive, but I didn't want to then have them expect to be invited to the main event. Ship life is like a bubble, and I need to celebrate and feel like I'm a bride getting married!
    Help, 
    Sarah 
  • Options
    I'm not hosting the shower, my bridesmaid is on the ship for me. 
    Sarah
  • Options
    I think it largely depends on your budget. You can have three good prizes or 5-10 prizes of medium quality.

Bengali matrimony
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards