Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner - Morning Wedding

Hi Everyone

Our wedding is on a Saturday at 10:00am.  As you can imagine, I have to be up around 5:00am to have some quiet time before getting my hair and makeup done.  The rehearsal is set for 6pm the night before (the ONLY time the church would give us).  I am so stressed about the thought of being out late the night before the wedding (and keeping my elderly parents, and the young children in the wedding party out late, too).  I imagine the dinner would run 7 or 7:30 with 10:30 or 11:00 being the earliest we would be getting home.  There will be about 30 people there - large family and a handful of out-of-town guests. 

Would it be too weird to have the rehearsal dinner the night before the rehearsal?  Everyone is local...

I'm starting to regret having a morning wedding.  :(

Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Morning Wedding

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper

My rehearsal started at 5pm and by the time we made it to the restaurant, it was about 6:15 or so and we were back home by about 9:30.  It may not run as late as you think and we had 46 people at our RD...it was a beach wedding that was OOT.

I think this is something that you need to talk to FI and your family about seeing as how they are the ones that you are concerned about.  It is very thoughtful of you to consider your grandparents and the kiddies :)

• I'd stress to your WP that you're beginning the rehearsal promptly.

And talk to your RD venue.  Maybe you can speed things along by having a choice of a few select entrees and order an appetizer or two to be ready once you arrive - even call them when you're en route if you think you can make that happen.

And remember, YOU are going to be up at 5:00 AM for hair and makeup.  Most people won't be up that early except for maybe those staying with you the night before and those getting ready with you the morning of.  Guests may get home at 10 but they can easily plan to get 8 hours of sleep before a 10 AM event the next day. 

Guests with children will probably leave on the early side so do what you can to plan for things to happen while food may be prepared.  For example - sometimes people do gifts after the meal.  If you're really concerned about timing, do gifts before everyone eats or give the children their gifts early.
  • People will know that it's a 10 am wedding.  If you want to excuse yourself early, no one will complain - I promise.  I would keep it the night before and just know that your guests are grown adults who can figure what time they want to go to bed.
  • I think it won't be that bad. Our rehearsal dinner started at 7 and we were outta there by 9.

Having said that, if people are local, I have heard of Thurs. night rehearsals/RDs. I would talk to your RD guests and get a feel for if they could make it on Thurs. night or not if you were considering this. But like I said, I have never been to a RD that lasted later than 930.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards