Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Searching for DFW Photographer with experience shooting at night

Hi!
I'm searching for a photographer who has experience shooting at night.
We are planning an evening wedding outside, then the reception indoors.  Most of the photographers I am coming across are natural light photographers only.
The ones I have found with the skills to shoot great things at night or use flash photography are very expensive - like $5K+.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks,

Re: Searching for DFW Photographer with experience shooting at night

• Hmmm, I'm not sure why you are having this issue.  I've never heard of a photographer that can't shoot at night. 

I also had an outside evening wedding/indoor reception and my photographer was outstanding, however she would be in the price point you mentioned. 

What exactly is your budget?
  • Check out Evan Godwin. He took some pretty rock star photos of us at night at Avanti Fountain Place. He is at a super great price point too! I would be very surprised if most photogs didn't bring some sort of flash...just my 2 cents.
  • Most good wedding photographers will be able to shoot in any light If you are concerned, I would ask any potential photographers how they photograph with lack of light, and ask to see some examples. 
  • lauramalachlauramalach member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Searching for DFW Photographer with experience shooting at night:
    Hmmm, I'm not sure why you are having this issue.  I've never heard of a photographer that can't shoot at night.  

I also had an outside evening wedding/indoor reception and my photographer was outstanding, however she would be in the price point you mentioned.  

What exactly is your budget?
    Thank you!  Yes I was kind of surprised.  I actually asked two photographers (outdie Dallas) for night examples and was turned down. And looking around at the websites there aren't many evening/night time shots.  I have seen a couple here and there.

I kind of was thinking that my budget would be $5,000.00 or less.  I would like to keep it under that.
    Do you have pictures of your wedding you may like to share with me?  Or a recommendation on a photographer?
    Thanks again!

• I have pics in my bio if you click on the second link in my siggy.  My photographer was $4K in 2009 so not sure what she is now.

http://www.lynnmichelle.com/blog/
  • I'm using Cassie Loree Photography. I had these same exact questions before I booked her and asked about how she felt taking night photos. She showed me examples and told me she wouldn't feel comfortable saying she could do it if she couldn't. She was open and honest and said she feels super comfortable with night shots. Yes I know every photographer loves natural light but this is a question that I had to ask and have an honest answer to. She's even getting a flash bulb that gives the illusion of sunlight that she is going to try out for my wedding. She is under 3k and fabulous to work with! You can find her on Facebook under Cassie Loree Photography. Good luck in your search! I know exactly how you feel!
  • Thank you all so much!
  • Look for photojournalistic style photographers as they learned to shoot in any light, anyplace, under changing circumstances and pressure.

IrvinPhotography.com is one I am using he used to work for the Star-Telegram and is great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards