Pre-wedding Parties
Options

destination wedding bachelorette party

my best friend is getting married in Mexico on feb 24th... she isnt having a formal wedding party, because there will only be about 20 or so people at the wedding including the bride and groom, so she has asked me to be a witness.. she is also my maid of honour.. Im going to talk to her about this tonight but I wasnt sure what was proper. in the case when its a destination wedding, They are talking about having a reception/party when they come home, but another friend of hers and myself were going to throw her a bachelorette party here before we leave... (the other friend was invited but is unable to go due to cost-( its a pretty expensive resort that they are staying at)... my question.. is it okay to have a bachelorette party for her- her friends know that she is getting married out of town- and its a close friends and family type wedding.. but  I think it would still be fun to plan a fun night out for her..
Thoughts?
Thanks! I just dont know what is considered "proper" with a destination wedding- as she is my first close friend to be getting married...

Sept 2011 Feb...
imageimage
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: destination wedding bachelorette party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_destination-wedding-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:e631b022-7a89-41b9-ac56-2516a8b05b0dPost:d7fb6124-b980-4912-b611-94a1cbcd5732">destination wedding bachelorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]my best friend is getting married in Mexico on feb 24th... she isnt having a formal wedding party, because there will only be about 20 or so people at the wedding including the bride and groom, so she has asked me to be a witness.. she is also my maid of honour.. Im going to talk to her about this tonight but I wasnt sure what was proper. in the case when its a destination wedding, They are talking about having a reception/party when they come home, but another friend of hers and myself were going to throw her a bachelorette party here before we leave... (the other friend was invited but is unable to go due to cost-( its a pretty expensive resort that they are staying at)... my question.. is it okay to have a bachelorette party for her- her friends know that she is getting married out of town- and its a close friends and family type wedding.. but  I think it would still be fun to plan a fun night out for her.. Thoughts? Thanks! I just dont know what is considered "proper" with a destination wedding- as she is my first close friend to be getting married...
    Posted by eliza261[/QUOTE]

If you want to throw her the bachlorette party and you're wiling to, then go ahead. I think it's a nice gesture of you.

Since they are having an at home reception, I wouldn't invite anyone to the bachlorette party who isn't going to be invited to the reception.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Palmettogirl.  Since there will be an at home reception upon their return, just make sure that those invited to the bachelorette pary will be invited to the reception.  I too am having a destination wedding (about 40 ppl going) and then will have a big reception when I get back (200-250 ppl).  My bachelorette party does include ppl not invited to Jamaica, but everyone invited is invited to the back home reception.  Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! for the thoughts. im gonna talk to her tonight and see what she wants to do...

Much appreciated!
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards