Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Help needed with Bridal Shower guest list

I am the MOH for my best friend. She has asked for a shower with just family and close friends at my (small but centrally located) home. The bridesmaids and I are splitting the costs.

The MOG insists on inviting twice the number of guests we've told her we can afford and manage. She has offered to pay for the extra guests, but the bridesmaids and I really want this to be a gift from us to our friend, and we want to honor her wishes. Her list is almost as many as the bride's and MOB's combined.

What can we do? don't want to hurt any feelings, but we just can't accommodate this demand. She has also offered to have a separate shower, but it sounded more like a threat than a solution.Smile

Re: Help needed with Bridal Shower guest list

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rather than interpret it as a threat, follow through.

"FMILOB, unfortunately we won't be able to invite all of those guests to the shower.  Thank you so much for the offer to throw one of your own.  I think that may be the best solution if everyone on your guest list is a 'must invite'.  This way the bride can have two separate yet intimate events."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP. Tell her it might be best if she throw a separate shower so she can invite everyone she wants to. If she does, no sweat. Then your friend gets two showers. OR if it was an empty threat, then she should at the very least back off about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    sarahnickle83sarahnickle83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a similar problem with my FMIL, but she says her friends won't come.  She just wants them to get invites.  I want to keep the peace between everyone involved.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards