Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Theme Help

Hello,

My bridal shower is in April. We are having a shower planning session soon and I am not sure what themes to suggest. If anyone can offer suggestions I would appreciate it. 

Re: Bridal Shower Theme Help

• edited December 2011
    I just attended my friend's bridal shower and it was very different!!!  It was a Mad Hatter's Tea Party.  Instead of the usual umbrellas hanging in the room, she had colorful top hats.  The whole room was vibrant and colorful.  The centerpieces were flowers in huge tea cups.....very cute!!!  

On a side note..for my shower I got a book that ended up being a great read for both my husband and myself (book was intended as a gag gift).  It's called The PMS (Please Make Sense) Guide for Men.  I gave it to my friend for her shower and she loved it as well.  Check it out, you'll love it too.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, normally I dislike themes, but a Mad Hatters Tea Party sounds like so much fun!!!

I ended up telling my BMs that I don't have any ideas for a theme, and they can do any theme they want... I just want everyone to have fun. I did give them some ideas about things that I def do/def don't want... and apparently they already had some themes in mind, they just wanted to make sure I didn't want anything in particular. =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would just tell them to have fun planning, and that you don't have any particular ideas! You don't want them to feel pressured into planning exactly what you want. Let them plan a nice party that they can afford, and I am sure it will be a beautiful day! It will leave a nice element of surprise for you, also.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

Morning ladies, I just wanted to update you on our decision. We decided to go w/ a theme of "Dreams to Destiny Affair." I think what my MOH was referring to was a theme title versus an actual theme. I know they have some other things planned that I know not of and that's perfectly fine w/ me. The bridal party will dress in our wedding colors and everyone else can come as they choose for the shower. We are either going to do various salads or we will do a beach themed menu to go w/ our wedding theme.  What's so ironic is that the FI and I went in to BBW this past weekend. And guess what??? All of their new fragrance lineup is beach/island themed! LOL!! Too funny! Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards