Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower WAY too early!!

One of my bridesmaids and my MOH are out of town. I'm asking a lot of them to fly out and help with pre-parties and finding dresses and I am so greatful for them. My bridesmaid said that there is a time frame that would work best for her to have the bridal shower, which is 8 months before the wedding!!! At first I said it's fine but now i'm not so sure. I want it 8 weeks before the wedding because I want everyone (including myself) to be excited that the BIg Day is getting close.

So how do I tell her i'm not ok with it. I feel like essesntially what i'm telling her is i'd rather have the bridal shower closer to the wedding then have her come to it...

HELP

Re: Bridal shower WAY too early!!

• Options
    8 months is way too early.  Just tell her that. If she can't host it another time let it go, maybe someone else will host.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If you don't have the guest list finalized, you should not be inviting anyone to a shower. Kindly tell her you realized that it's too soon and ask if she's available to host the shower closer to the wedding. I think showers should be no more than 4 months before the wedding.

Is she trying to host the shower on the same weekend she flies in to help you look for dresses? It's a lot to ask her to fly in so many times.  You should find out when ALL of the bridesmaids can attend, and find a date that works best for as many of them as possible.

One of my bridesmaids won't be attending my shower. I told her that I did not want her to spend money on a plane ticket just to come to my shower. I'd rather her take more time off and spend the money to fly out for my wedding than for my shower.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have 2 MOH's and one lives in Hawaii and can't make it. Not everyone will be able to.... 8 months is way too soon in my opinion :/
  • Options
    I'm skipping one friend's shower and another's bachelorette (I'm a BM to both) because I'm 550 miles away. Of course I'm disappointed that I'll be the only BM not attending, but I knew that I might have to make sacrifices when I agreed to be an out of state bridesmaid. Neither bride is upset at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards