Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette...

Hi!! My fiance and I are hosting our own rehearsal dinner and we have questions.... is it necessary to give all attendees rehearsal dinner "mementos?"  Some of my family says yes, others say no... thoughts??  thanks!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No, yu don't have to give everyone a gift.
    Thank you gifts are given to your attendants, readers, ushers, anyone who has a role in the wedding ceremony. You don't have to give the gifts at the rehearsal dinner, if you feel uncomfortable about not having a gift for everybody.

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-etiquette-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f18e85e0-2900-4dfc-bffe-a6f9a6575f76Post:ba3d9d7d-1567-4c51-bc51-0462ca7f2739">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette...</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, yu don't have to give everyone a gift. Thank you gifts are given to your attendants, readers, ushers, anyone who has a role in the wedding ceremony. You don't have to give the gifts at the rehearsal dinner, if you feel uncomfortable about not having a gift for everybody.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly.
  • Options
    NRWSBRGNRWSBRG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good gracious- you are a generous soul! No- you don't have to give everyone a gift- mostly likely you will be giving them a take-home gift at the wedding.  At the dinner it is customary to gift small token gifts to the bridal party as a thank you for all their help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards