Pre-wedding Parties

Re: 1

• ErinC85ErinC85 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can tell them its their duty to contribute to your gift. Its possible they want to get a particular gift that has a personal meaning or whatever other reasoning, and has nothing to do with the dollar amount. I don't think there's anything wrong with just a few of you going in on a gift. HTH
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    10000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely NOT part of their duties to pitch in for a group gift.  If they don't want to, that's perfectly fine.  Those of you that do, can go ahead and pitch in, and those that don't can get their own individual gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • banana468banana468 member
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited December 2011
    It's not part of their duties to buy a group gift at all.  And you're kind of out of line for thinking it is.

Just make the group gift from those who contribute and those who buy their own give their own.   Problem solved.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree.  You don't get to tell others how to spend their money.  Bridesmaid duties do not include spending money on showers or gifts.  Sign the group gift card with the names of those that contributed.  The others are on their own.  No worries.
  • edited December 2011
    If you wanted to do a group gift, you should have asked them if they want to also and how much they would be able to contribute towards it. Feel free to go in with the other bridesmaids (if they still want to) towards a gift...just say its a gift from the 3 of you and not ...oh its a group bridesmaids gift, without these two...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards