Pre-wedding Parties

Rehersal Dinner Dilemma

When me and my fiance first got engaged and set our date his parents said they would pay for the rehersal dinner. They are not poor but do not have a ton of extra money to throw around and since my parents are more then happy to pay for the wedding (with a reasonable budget) it wasn't a problem.

Since then, they have given us a pretty nice sum of money to use "towards the wedding, honeymoon or a down payment on your new house" (when they gave it to my fiance they didnt give any specifics and he didn't ask). We are using it to buy our house if that makes a difference ..

I am going to assume we will pay for the rehersal dinner out of this money. So does this mean I am planning it all myself now or should i still ask for my FMIL opinon and stuff? Or should i assume they are still picking up the tab the night of the rehersal?

We have a pretty good relationship and its not like we NEED them to pay for anything but I need some advice on the situation or at least how to bring it up to mt FMIL ...

Re: Rehersal Dinner Dilemma

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards