Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Best Months for Outdoor Wedding?

What months are best if we're looking to do an outdoor wedding and reception here in TX?   We recently moved here from Iowa so not sure which months are too hot/cold etc.  I know there can always be those off days (like the 70s today!) but would like suggestions since we haven't set the date yet.

TIA!!

Re: Best Months for Outdoor Wedding?

• The summer months are definitely not fun for outdoor ceremonies.

Unfortunately sometimes it can get really hot really early or stay hot really late into the fall.  I would say March-April and late September-October are good.  I got married the first weekend in November in 2011 and the weather was gorgeous, but the same weekend in 2010 was miserably cold.
    Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, like Amanda said, I got married in an outdoor ceremony 11/7 2009 and it was perfect, but on our first anniversary (2010), it was freezing and we talked about how lucky we had been!

Bottom line, always have a Plan B.  Unfortunately the spring months can also be very rainy.  And early March can still be cold, while early May can already be hot.  If I had to vote for just one month, I would vote October.
  • edited January 2013
    There is no safe month in Texas. March through May usually has decent temperatures, but we also have bad thunderstorms and tornados during that time period, so you'd have to have a back up. And it can be very hot in the spring too, especially during late May. June, July, and August are completely off the table due to the heat and usually most of September is pretty hot too. October and November can be nice and usually are, but I went to an outdoor wedding in October last year and it was barely above freezing. It also rains a fair amount in the fall as well.

So basically, no safe month. The best outdoor wedding I ever went to was in January. I think planning something in early October is the safest, but you'll need a rain back up.
  • Some of the OMHs will remember that Serlace's wedding was in October and they had tornado warnings!
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_best-months-for-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:782be5f8-30cd-4a85-826b-000a5d742dcbPost:53967286-88c3-4c55-8ef4-a1408257f47e">Re: Best Months for Outdoor Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some of the OMHs will remember that Serlace's wedding was in October and they had tornado warnings!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

That is always what I think of when I hear 'outdoor October wedding'! What was that, the second week of October 2010?

OP, with an outdoor wedding no matter the time of year or location, always always always have a plan b.
  • Thank you for all of the feedback!  I talked to FI and we're going to try mid/late October or early November depending on the date we can get the venue/photographer we really like

• I'm trying for October/early November as well. Its going to be in a backyard with trees and power lines preventing the possibility of tents. The host would prefer not to have the event moved into her house, but I am scared to death of rain!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/75254
    The weather channel puts October at teh 2nd wettest month in Dallas.
    ANY advice is helpfull.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards