Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Sunday Funday

What are you all up to today?

I'm going to go to Davids with my daughter and have her try some BM dresses and than a little shopping after to get her some new outfits for her upcoming senior portraits and I'm sure shoes for her prom dress.

Looks like a mother daughter day today. If there is any time left over my FI and I might go look for new furniture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Sunday Funday

• Options
    I'm going to see The Hunger Games today. I am SO pumped about this movie!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working on making a Mixbook album, then hopefully sorting through all the brooches and making some serious progress on assembling the bouquets!

Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and a local thrift store. I picked up a container we're going to use for cards, silk hydrangeas to use as filler in the brooch bouquets, various glassware for the centerpieces (some that I'm going to paint in our colors, some I'll leave alone), and a bunch of hardback books to incorporate into our centerpieces at $1 each! I love thrift stores. Also, I'm doing a ring book instead of a ring pillow, and I found the perfect book yesterday: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Cute, Kristan.

Going to mass in a few, then over to H's grandmother's for homemade chicken nuggets and potatoes and all other sorts of deliciousness.  Then off to a bar somewhere to watch the Baylor game.
    Anniversary

• Options
    i am about to head to Target to pick up a few quick things.  I need to finish cleaning off my front porch as well and plant my new flowers.  Then, it's time to study, study, study.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Amanda, that sounds delicious. 

Amy, I wish I had a green thumb! I can't keep any plants alive, it's terrible.

Is anyone else not able to quote posts? I only have the option to "Reply to this post". Crazy TK.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It's house/yardwork today. 

But first we have errands to run...and here I am on the couch knotting and watching Dance Moms. 
  • Options
    OH - I'm still also waiting for a response back from an email to FMIL.  I finally decided that it was time to clairy some assumptions that were wrong.  No response as of yet...
  • Options
    I'm wallowing in feeling sick. I finally convinced my H to go get me Whataburger.

If I feel better, I want to organize our pantry area later today. There's a bunch of random stuff like tools, bulk packages of paper towel and other random house goods like that. There's more than enough room to put all that in cabinets in there ... I just haven't found the motivation to do it yet!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sunday-funday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8154ea24-1d88-45ec-99a1-6f45af1800f2Post:aad6a416-9167-4561-a87d-e30ee323d6cb">Re: Sunday Funday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda, that sounds delicious.  Amy, I wish I had a green thumb! I can't keep any plants alive, it's terrible. Is anyone else not able to quote posts? I only have the option to<strong> "Reply to this post</strong>". Crazy TK.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]
    Apparently it's the new quote. <div>
    </div><div>Badges are gone too. :( At least for now anyway.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sunday-funday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8154ea24-1d88-45ec-99a1-6f45af1800f2Post:aa903ab2-51e0-435d-9a61-8ab21572c6b2">Re: Sunday Funday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Funday : <strong>Apparently it's the new quote.  Badges are gone too. :( At least for now anyway</strong>.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>TK needs to get their crap together. Lame lame lame.</div>
  • Options
    We've had a super productive weekend...we got two rooms painted yesterday! This morning we went to my mom's to have breakfast outside on her patio because she's the most fabulous cook ever, and because her backyard rocks. We're trying to get inspired to start our backyard projects. Now Matt's out back trimming trees and bushes and I'm trying to clean furniture after the diaster our contractors made this week. But this afternoon, we're headed to the lake to enjoy this gorgeous weather and grill out!!
  • Options
    Well we just thought we were going to look at furniture. I guess we don't mess around because we got new furniture. It will be delivered Thursday. So excited to have a sofa that is comfortable enough to nap on.

I have the BM dresses narrowed down to 2. So my oldest daughter can go to the David's near her and we can decide on the dress.

Kristan~ I'm pretty darn impressed with all your DIY. I wish I had the patience to do that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    =(  Boo.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sunday-funday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8154ea24-1d88-45ec-99a1-6f45af1800f2Post:aad6a416-9167-4561-a87d-e30ee323d6cb">Re: Sunday Funday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda, that sounds delicious.  Amy, I wish I had a green thumb! I can't keep any plants alive, it's terrible. Is anyone else not able to quote posts? I only have the option to "Reply to this post". Crazy TK.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, no worries, I kill most of plants within a week.  I killed a cactus.  If it seems impossible to kill, I could make it look effortless.  Calloways swore the plants I bought were almost indistructible.  We'll see, Calloways...we'll see.</div>
  • Options
    FI and I put weed and feed through the whole yard today. 
    He cleaned the pool and I cleaned the house. We feel very accomplished. 

I think one of my BMs has dropped out of my wedding. 
    She mysteriously vanished off FB...IDK if she blocked me or just deleted her page, and of course she's not returning any contact. 
    If she really dropped out, that's a pretty spineless way to do it IMO. Oh well. 
  • Options
    Ummm no one warned me how exhausting registering is. We probably only got about 60% accomlished. And FI looooooves kitchen appliances, which I was not previously aware of.
    It also made me realize how much stuff we need.
    Day 2 next Saturday!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sunday-funday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8154ea24-1d88-45ec-99a1-6f45af1800f2Post:5fd70223-e57a-483d-870e-36d03ebffd74">Re: Sunday Funday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well we just thought we were going to look at furniture. I guess we don't mess around because we got new furniture. It will be delivered Thursday. So excited to have a sofa that is comfortable enough to nap on. I have the BM dresses narrowed down to 2. So my oldest daughter can go to the David's near her and we can decide on the dress. Kristan~<strong> I'm pretty darn impressed with all your DIY. I wish I had the patience to do that.</strong>
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha! I don't know that I have the patience, but I'm on a strict budget so I'm making everything myself that I can. My biggest advice is that if you're going to DIY, start ASAP! I started on this bouquet project (for me and my 4 bridesmaids) around 3 months ago, and starting ahead gives me time to take a break from it for a few weeks when I just can't stand it any more. It's slow going on most of the projects, but in the end I know it will give our wedding the "us" feeling that I'm going for, without killing the budget :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards