Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Filter Building- Decor

I am getting married at the Filter Bldg in Aug. 2011. Yep right in the middle of the heat of Texas :)

Does anyone have any pictures of decorating ideas Frim their wedding they are willing to share? I am looking at around 200-225 guest so I will have to utilize the outdoor area as well. Dancing is pretty much the most important part to me and the FI.

Re: Filter Building- Decor

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Knottie from last year, Donnaaries got married there and she has some pics in her bio.

http://dandm.yolasite.com/vendor-reviews.php
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Have you already signed a contract with the Filter Building?

I know your question was about decor, but I got married last August and just doing a few minutes of outdoor pictures was difficult in the heat, and there is no way, I would want to stay outdoors during that time of the year nor subjects guests to it.

If you haven't already signed a contract, I would suggest reconsidering your venue to a place that can hold all your guests without having to resort to the outdoors

or alternatively reduce your guest count.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in October.  I only had about 110 guests.  I was able to keep everyone inside with space for a dance floor.  More tables might get pretty crowded.

I'm supposed to have my pictures later this week that I will of course post for the world to see so you can see spacing/decor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't sent the contract back. I was going to today. August was the only Saturday they had left. Do you think it would be worth it to push it to a Friday wedding in September or October? My only concern with a Friday wedding is people having to take off work from out of town. Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Balfour: How was the weather in October? We really want to utilize the outdoor area as we saw pictures of it decorated at night and it gave it a real lounge/ party feel we are going for. I am now considering a Friday wedding if it would be worth pushing the date back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October really is a great month.  The weather has started to cool off and the trees start changing colors.  Fall is such a beautiful time of the year IMO.  One thing I would say is to make sure you also have the option to move indoors.  I got married in October and it was the only day out of the whole month that it rained (and even stormed). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married there October 8th (Friday) and the weather was wonderful.

We had our ceremony outside on the lakeside terrance at 7:00, then held the reception indoors.  We had a few tall bar tables outside for guests who smoke or just wanted to be out there.
    The sun was setting during our ceremony which provided an absolutely beautiful backdrop (hopefully the pictures caught that!).  The only negative was that we didn't have much time at all for pictures since it was dark.  We didn't do a reveal since DH is very old school and didn't want to see me before the wedding.  If you are doing pictures beforehand then this would work out perfectly!  We ended up just going back there with our photographer and taking some more.

Friday worked perfectly for us since most of our guests are in town.  They just left work a little early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards