Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

off duty cops

i know in some areas (cities/counties) an off duty cop is required for events with X amount of people and alcohol.

Does anyone know more about this? I tried calling my venue but my coordinator isnt' in. i'm a little worried about finding one so close to the date if its a requirement.

we're going to have someone TABC ceritfied at the bar...i figured that was all we needed.

TIA!

Re: off duty cops

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nathan handled this, but I know they jumped at the chance. I don't think you'll have a hard time finding one (or two) last minute. The guys literally followed the person with the job listed to the message board and then walked back to their office to be scheduled. They were both really nice, too.

FYI - they only take cash. We weren't told that, so my step-father had to run to an ATM about an hour before the wedding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you know if its a requirement though?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on your venue, not the city.
    Anniversary

• Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, your venue should tell you if you have to have one. 

If you do, call the local police station and tell them you need an off-duty officer and they can try to put you in touch with someone willing to work!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have off duty cops at the YWCA.

The person/company who runs the bar is required to carry insurance. If anything happens they are liable since they have are approved by the TABC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay yeah. the place we're getting our BT from is TABC certified AND they carry generic insurance they said.

So no cops needed then?

yay :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, you're good. The YWCA doesn't require it.

My MIL rented 809 at Vickery, another venue in Fort Worth, for the RD and they required one. They also gave her the name and contact info for ones they recommend, so she didn't have to hunt around.

As I recall, he stood outside and talked to my shuttle bus driver most of the evening. Our crowd didn't make any trouble for him :)
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is very easy to find off duty officers. I have connections in Dallas(my dh) Arlington, Grand Prairie and Ft Worth if yall ever need any recs let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards