Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

No more guest list woes!

I posted a while ago about my guest list woes. Well after 3 months of waiting we finally received my FMIL's guest list in the mail. It is a list of about 200 people, we only want 150 total, and most are people FI doesn't know (she has a large church family). FI explained to her that we would send announcements with a picture to people she didn't expect to come and she is perfectly fine with it!! I'm so relieved because like everyone else the guest list can be very stressful and I wasn't sure how she would react to our decision. This was probably the best news ever for me and it taught me I don't need to stress about the wedding!! Smile

Next up e-pics on Wednesday (I'm praying for low winds) and appointments with DJs!!

Re: No more guest list woes!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so great that everything worked out :) The number one thing I hear is not to stress.

TBH, the winds on the day of my epics were the strongest winds we have had in a long time. It was terrible and we had to do so many reshots because my hair was all over the place. If the winds are really bad, I would suggest (just from my experience) to maybe delay the shoot. Luckily our photographer is AMAZING and worked with us (and took a ton of pics) but some of the pics were not as forgiving as others. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad she was fine with your decision! I was in the same boat as you -- we could only invite 150, but FILs gave us a list of more than that and insisted most wouldn't come. Unlike yours, they weren't okay with us not inviting all of them, but we just stuck to our guns (and our budget) and everything's fine now.

Good for you guys for making the decision that was best for you two!
  • AshJohnson30AshJohnson30 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are both SO happy it worked out well!!

aeliza - Thanks for the tip! I can deal with a cold day but high winds might not be as fun lol
  • edited December 2011
    congrats....that was the most stressful part of my wedding
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_guest-list-woes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:895a9adf-32a6-4d40-8df0-3ed74f73ee4dPost:96ab8d1b-3855-4db7-b188-35223e3f24e9">Re: No more guest list woes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]congrats....that was the most stressful part of my wedding
    Posted by hthrlarson9[/QUOTE]

OK, so I am confused.  You're already married?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards