Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

SA Wednesday

I keep checking our registries to see what we've got so far. I'm horrible!

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:89d2a3f2-189b-4569-ad70-057beaae896cPost:a1335655-909a-40b3-bee2-9df7460f4079">SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I keep checking our registries to see what we've got so far. I'm horrible!
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

Hahah. I've done pretty good so far! I love surprises though.

Hmm soo...we're a MONTH out from our wedding date and I may be freaking out just a tad. I feel like all I've been doing is writing checks for the last several weeks and I don't think it's going to stop until the wedding is here. Not to mention I still have so many things that I need (cough*want*) to order off of Etsy. Broke bride, party of 1.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I love surprises too! But I get bored at work and my mind starts wondering lol

Yea, the massive check writing part is not fun. I had to be an adult and cut back on some stuff that wasn't extremely necessary. Like glow sticks for our guests lol

Congrats on hitting the month mark though Erica!!

• Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    On both of my registries (BBB and C&B) you can log in and see the number of presents purchased off your registry without seeing which items were actually purchased. I just checked that to calm my curiosity.
    It was a nice middle ground.
    H checked the whole thing all the time, and his reasoning was that he wasn't going to the showers, so he didn't need to be surprised anyways. You can't argue with that.
  • Options
    Speaking of registry. When should I start mine? I'm just under 10 months to go. I'm too lazy to go look it up..lol
    I'm preparing myself for a crazy busy day at work. I feel like I'm so far behind. Damn you corporate for rolling out all this new stuff at once. My brain is spinning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We did ours 3 months in advance. It felt late, but no one asked us beforehand, and we did it a month before our first shower, which I felt like was plenty of time. Plus you don't run the risk as much of them discontinuing items.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:89d2a3f2-189b-4569-ad70-057beaae896cPost:2b5d0aa7-20a9-4ed6-9868-d32ce0ec0731">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did ours 3 months in advance. It felt late, but no one asked us beforehand, and we did it a month before our first shower, which I felt like was plenty of time. <strong>Plus you don't run the risk as much of them discontinuing items.
    </strong>Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Yea, ditto to Carrie. Unless you are just itching to go play with the scanner gun wait as long as possible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:89d2a3f2-189b-4569-ad70-057beaae896cPost:f674a797-326f-41f0-876d-91e48d58ea86">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of registry. When should I start mine? I'm just under 10 months to go. I'm too lazy to go look it up..lol I'm preparing myself for a crazy busy day at work. I feel like I'm so far behind. Damn you corporate for rolling out all this new stuff at once. My brain is spinning.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

Maybe 3-4 months out like the other knotties said. That way you have less of a chance of things going out of stock between now and then. Also, the closer you get to the date, the more new options that open up. We didn't find a bedroom set we liked until 2 months out--when the new fall collections came out at Macys.
  • Options
    And I think it depends on what it is.  We registered for china and everyday dishes like a year out, but that was because we registered at this little boutique in Waco and MIL wanted Christmas ideas AND her friends threw us a party really early on.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We don't need much. It's both of our 2nd marriage so I will wait as long as possible. I'm really in no hurry to do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm so sad, I'd been psyched to get my wedding photos in today only to get an e-mail saying they will be in tomorrow :( Oh wells.

Ash- I did that all the time, especially the last 2 weeks lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rose - At least now you will have a true AW Thursday!
  • Options
    I want pizza.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:89d2a3f2-189b-4569-ad70-057beaae896cPost:45e5a75d-0805-417d-aa03-1b485e1c2ff8">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want pizza.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too!</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I made turkey sloppy joes in the Crock Pot! With lime squash! Not together...

Hopefully H will come home soon..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards