Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

I went to bed last night at 10:00 PM to catch up a bit on sleep.  FI woke me up at 2:00 AM as he loudly got into bed in some sort of drunken stupor.  I'm not happy.  Not happy at all.  We don't keep alcohol in the apt, and he very clearly lied to my face last night when I asked him about it.

Addiction SUCKS.

In other news, it's Wednesday...which means its only two days until Friday!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: SA Wednesday

• @Angel-I'm sorry! 

My bridesmaid who wanted to be kicked out can't answer a text. Everytime she doesn't answer it makes me more mad at her because she's the one that brought up the fact that "we live seperate lives". 
    She also hasn't bothered to say congratulations for the houes or anything but her other "friends" got a whole status on FB. (Yea..I'm lame). 
    We won't be friends after the wedding. I'm tired of trying to be her friend and only being an option. 

In other news, I got my invitations! Yay! 
    She went up on her price...she said shipping went up. IT was like $7.00 increase so I just took my invitations and left. :D
  • @angel - I'm so sorry about that. That makes my heart hurt. :(

Went to the eye doctor yesterday. Still blind. And still too poor to afford Lasik.
  • Why do I have to plan everything in my life to suit everyone elses life? GRRRR!!! Work, my daughter, my FI all yanking my chain this week. I need a weekend of alone time really really bad.

angelsong21- I feel your pain, my FI consumes too much alcohol as well. Although I give him some credit he has cut it out during the week. But any type of temptation he will drink. His excuse is I like beer. Well I like cake but if I ate it everyday and had 6 pieces...well...we know what would happen..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Crash - glad you got your invites! Cwaggoner - it makes my heart hurt too. :-(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:314488bf-b767-4064-9cbd-647d7649abf2">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Angel-I'm sorry!  My bridesmaid who wanted to be kicked out can't answer a text. Everytime she doesn't answer it makes me more mad at her because she's the one that brought up the fact that "we live seperate lives".  She also hasn't bothered to say congratulations for the houes or anything but her other "friends" got a whole status on FB. (Yea..I'm lame).  We won't be friends after the wedding. I'm tired of trying to be her friend and only being an option.  In other news, I got my invitations! Yay!  She went up on her price...she said shipping went up. IT was like $7.00 increase so I just took my invitations and left. :D
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I have pretty low tolerance for that kind of behavior from friends or anyone for that matter. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. She's not going to be your friend after the wedding, I say move forward now and not even bother trying to contact her any more. It's negative energy you don't need right now so surround yourself with positive people instead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kathleen, are you serious?  She screwed up and still tried to overcharge you?

Also, I don't think I ever heard the followup with your bridesmaid, so I'm sorry to hear about her.

Amy -- I'm so sorry.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:c57707f1-d02e-4df7-b931-8bde1fa0da16">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I have pretty low tolerance for that kind of behavior from friends or anyone for that matter. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. She's not going to be your friend after the wedding, I<strong> say move forward now and not even bother trying to contact her any more. </strong>It's negative energy you don't need right now so surround yourself with positive people instead.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]
    Well, She's my BM so it's not really an option. <div>It would have been if I had kicked her out when she asked. Oh if I only knew what I know now. </div><div>*grumbles*</div><div>I'm putting together invitations on Thursday! *Happy dance!*</div>
  • I feel like I'm never going to finish moving out of my old place and into my new...something bad keeps happening. We have moved almost everything but mainly still need to clean and every day something happens, like last night when FI was working out he pulled a muscle in his neck going down his back and was in bed not able to move all night. Also, we bought a bookshelf from Target and after the 1 and 1/2 hours it took to put it together it leans forward on our carpet and we can't attach to the wall. On that note anyone have any Ikea bookcases? I think we are going to run by there today and hope to have better success. 

Crash: I can only imagine how stressful it might be to have someone in my WP in that kind of a situation. I hope for your sake that she comes to her senses. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:605fcfd3-702e-4b60-9dc3-77a6f2b9bbaa">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]On that note anyone have any Ikea bookcases? I think we are going to run by there today and hope to have better success. 
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Bill bought some just after we started dating.  They are metal and glass and look really nice.  They've stood up well and we just bought a bunch of stuff from them the other day and will be putting it together this weekend. 

I've had fairly good luck with Target stuff but I do know it can be hit or miss.
  • I bought an IKEA bookcase in 2005 and it's still sturdy and great.  H bought one a few years ago when he got his own place and it's also in great shape. 
    Anniversary

• So, I gave up swearing for Lent, and have already failed because I was talking about Hunger Games with a friend and described the movie as "Going to be blanking awesome."

:/
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:8862ca1f-de32-4d67-bf86-4095e1dbde09">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I gave up swearing for Lent, and have already failed because I was talking about Hunger Games with a friend and described the movie as "Going to be blanking awesome." :/
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

This is what I am giving up as well...we'll see how this works out!
    Amy, so sorry to hear about this.
    Kathleen, timing stinks for your "friend" to decide she no longer wants to be a part of your special day. Sorry!
  • I will decide what to give up for Lent once I get home and evaluate my actions of the day. So far giving up facebook or chocolate for breakfast are ruled out....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:fcc63e2e-7dd1-43e9-b5a5-03f71fe30f3d">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will decide what to give up for Lent once I get home and evaluate my actions of the day. So far giving up facebook or<strong> chocolate for breakfast</strong> are ruled out....
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I might have to start trying this to get my day started right! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My coworker has been out sick since last Friday... and you STILL haven't gone to the doctor? Yeah, you must be REALLY sick...

Why did I think it was a good idea to have a wedding party again? There is exactly 1 person (out of 8) that even cares to try and plan any of the showers or the bachelor/bachelorette... I'm tired of having to push people to do things or do them myself :(

Sorry this turned into a B&M but I am unbelievably ready for this week to be over. I feel like every week I start out trying to make the best of things and then my good attitude just gets steamrollered by my family and friends.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Days like today make me want to pack up my car, leave, and never look back... I need a job in Wichita Falls so I can get away from this crap.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:80ae01c6-3bb7-46a0-b8f6-583de644f552">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathleen, are you serious?  She screwed up and still tried to overcharge you? Also, I don't think I ever heard the followup with your bridesmaid, so I'm sorry to hear about her. Amy -- I'm so sorry.

Yea. She gave me the remaining balance and said "it's more because of shipping " I wasnt going to argue with her.

Re:bridesmaid- I told her I wasn't going to kick her out but if she didn't want to be a bridesmaid just let me know. She decided to stay in but rarely returns any texts or tries to make the situation any getter
  • Also, roseofdeborah we have an ikea bookshelf it serves it's purpose. You're supposed to attach it to the wall but ours stands against the wall without having to be attached
  • You're right, Amanda. The Hunger Games IS going to be blanking awesome! J and I are considering going to see the midnight showing, which is exactly one month from today :)

• I think tickets go on sale today. FI LOVES midnight showings but mix my medically documented narcolepsy AND my 60+ hour a week work schedule during tax season and I'm pretty much a goner.
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am sorry to hear that Angel. Hopefully he just lied because of the situation and without being conscious of it. I am sure if you guys talk about it, he will realize how wrong it was of him to do so. 

@rose, I have had ikea bookcases and they work fine. Just don't go with the shelving that juts out from the wall. Worst.shelving.ever.

I too haven't figured out what to give up. Things I can't give up normally: Carbs, wine, chocolate, swearing, sleeping in in the a.m. Maybe fb at work? 

I am sorry Kristan. I know how incredibly frustrating it can be when no one acknowledges your feelings and actions. I know you are positive though and can keep your head up. That's what FI's are there for too (and us girls) so you can vent away! 

So the mother of the boy I tutor texted me at 10pm last night telling me "Pray, because [boy] isn't studying." What was he doing? Playing Call Of Duty. I signed onto my xbox to tell him to get off and study since apparently his mom can't do so. I am the tutor- not the parent. I spent two hours preparing practice tests and online flashcards for him, but apparently I need to hold a 16 year old's hand and force him to study. I just don't understand- maybe I am too much of an overachiever but when I know something has to be done, I might procrastinate, but I do it. And I sure as h-e-double-hockey-sticks don't expect anyone else to do it for me. 
    /non-parent parenting criticism over/
  • Kristan-Sorry everything is not going so well. 

I just found some wethers hard candies in my car. Day=made. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:0e771310-574e-4051-9967-aa050a075bb8">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Days like today make me want to pack up my car, leave, and never look back... I need a job in Wichita Falls so I can get away from this crap.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel today too. :(  I'm sorry you feel this way as well.

Thank you everyone for the support.  He's never lied to me about it before, not that I knew.  When I asked, he would openly tell me (I mean it's kind of obvious...).  It was kind of obvious last night too, so when he lied to me last night and then looked me in the eyes and lied to me this morning with an overwhelmingly guilty face, I went digging.  I feel terrible that I did that because I know we are supposed to respect each other's privacy but I KNEW he was lying without a doubt.  I don't know that it makes it right. So he's probably really mad at me that I went through his things, but it was literally the first place I looked.  I am exhauuuuusted.
  • Amanda, you are kidding me.  Actually, I'm not shocked.  I've had a billion parent conferences where parents say, "I just don't know what to do -- s/he stays up all night on that computer/xbox/playstation!"

Courtney, my friend has already bought our tickets for the midnight show.  Apparently Tinseltown Grapevine has RIDICULOUS prices.  So I'm going to be EXHAUSTED on Friday, but I'm going to be happy.  I think I'll show a video.  No matter what's on the calendar.
    Anniversary

• Speaking of chocolate for breakfast...
    Just read this article about how you should eat desserts for breakfast....I think people who write diet articles change their minds every day on what's healthy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:c9a4fbc5-f8a8-481f-bb76-9275bd7e4f4e">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda, you are kidding me.  Actually, I'm not shocked.  I've had a billion parent conferences where parents say, "I just don't know what to do -- s/he stays up all night on that computer/xbox/playstation!"

A couple of years ago, I had a mom tell me that she had tried discipling her child by taking things away but said that it didin't work.  And then she basically asked me what I thought she should do.  If I had been the parent, her daughter wouldn't have anything!!!!  I also had two moms blame me for their children cheating on one of my tests.  I just think that there are some parents out there who still don't know the difference between being a parent and being a friend.  Your child has plenty of friends.  Be a parent.
  • I'm so excited for the Hunger Games movie too!! G2G?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8a90dde5-62b7-4390-88b3-c3dfa993bf48Post:e5a44472-f171-4f24-a2d8-b118fce869fb">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited for the Hunger Games movie too!! <strong>G2G?</strong>
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

YES YES YES!!!!
  • I just got GREAT NEWS! My friend got a job at my firm and I got the referral fee which seals the deal on FI not being mad about me booking a videographer. :)
  • Oh- P.S. I finally watched Dance Moms. HOOKED.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards