July 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD

Fi and I just found our officiant (yay for my pastor wanting to travel for a Sunday wedding!), so I've got a few ceremony questions for you all:

Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one? 

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique?

Are you having any readings?

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: QOTD

• Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one?  No we wont be including this.

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique? Not really.  We are having a catholic wedding so you are only aloud to change so much. We will make sure to honor FI brother who passed away in September

Are you having any readings? Yes not sure which ones yet
  • Options
    We are not doing a unity ceremony but are doing the love letter and wine box ceremony (each write a love letter to the other the night before or morning of, then during the ceremony put the love letters in with a bottle of wine, seal the box, and open in on our 10th wedding anniversary).

We're not doing any readings.

A very close family friend (uncle or second father figure to me) will be officiating, with a real officiant stepping in for the legal parts. We wanted him to get a license to marry us but it turned out more complicated than we though, so we compromised.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one?  Sort of, our ceremony is taking place in the field where our furture home will be so we are planting a tree together (hole will already be dug.... more of the put the tree in the hole push some dirt over it hehe) So it will grow along with our family :)

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique? well i haven't seen a tree planting before so that kinda makes us different hehe

Are you having any readings? FI's grandmother is pretty religious so because we aren't having a church ceremony we are asking her to select a reading from the bible and we have asked my brother and sister in law to do a reading before or during the tree planting that relates trees and relationships
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one?  We are having the unity candle ceremony but I really want to maybe change it to the unity sand ceremony, but we are doing it at a Catholic church and I'm not sure what their rules are.

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique?  No not really pretty standard Catholic ceremony

Are you having any readings?  Yep, there is either 2 or 3, I can't remember and we haven't picked them out or asked anyone.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one?  Our venue doesn't allow for open flames as it is a historic location, so no unity candle. No unity sand  just because I'm not a fan. So, we may do the wine thing. 

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique?  We are haveing a Christian ceremony but doing the Jewish breaking the glass at the end as a nod towards FI's Jewish heritage. 

Are you having any readings?  Not sure yet which ones we'll do. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're doing the wine box ceremony.  Other than that no...
  • Options
    We are not doing any unity ceremony.  We can't have open flame on the beach and I am also not a fan of the sand unity ceremony.  We also do not have any tradition that we will be going on.  As for readings I am having a poem I wrote for FI on the night we were engaged.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:28866fe1-eb1b-47cd-98b9-23398b2763c9Post:2bd79d0a-3f6f-400a-bafc-e2fa483fca84">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?   If so, which one?  Sort of, our ceremony is taking place in the field where our furture home will be so we are planting a tree together 
    Posted by l_everett[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, I love that!</div><div>
    </div><div><strong>Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony? </strong></div><div>We think that exchanging vows and rings in itself makes for a pretty good unity ceremony.</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique?</strong></div><div>I wish there were any 'special' traditions in our family or heritage to draw from, but I haven't found any. What will be pretty unique is that we'll be our own officiant! The MOH will offer a moment of reflection though, and the best man will assist with the vows and rings.</div><div>
    </div><div><strong>Are you having any readings?</strong> </div><div>Yes, we have three sisters, who will each do a reading, probably two poems and one scene from our favorite book.</div><div>
    <div>
    </div></div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No Unity candle or sand.

Nothing too unique, other than having two Reverends participate (one from the church we're marrying in, and one that actually knows us... ideally it'd just be the latter, but the church wouldn't allow it).

Yes, we'll have two readings. I would like at least one to be in Spanish, since about 1/3 of the guests are native Spanish speakers including some of the VIPs. We need to decide if it'll be one in english and one in Spanish, or have someone read the same reading in English and then in Spanish, etc....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony? Yes
    If so, which one?  Handfasting ceremony

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique? I would like to think the handfasting ceremony is somewhat unique, we don't see it very often here, if at all and I know many of my guests have never seen one.
    Also if this could be called unique, My brother is the only person standing for me.

Are you having any readings? Yes, 3 short ones.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Are you incorporating a unity ceremony in your ceremony?  If so, which one?  Yes, we are having a unity candle. I should go get those soon. I think the candle has more spiritual meaning than the sand or winebox. 

Do you have any traditions or things to make your ceremony unique?
    FI's grandfather is officiating, and so that will be very special. He almost cried when we asked him to do it. Also, one of my BMs is a singer/songwriter. She is writing a song to play during our unity candle lighting. 

Are you having any readings?
    Yes, most likely. but I do not know who or what they will read. Although one of my roommates now may be doing a service project this summer, and can only come home for the wedding if she is in it, so she may take that part. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards