Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Invitations Postage?

How much did it cost to mail your invitations?  I was browsing through stamps for personal use and ran across these cute wedding cake ones... I only remembered them having "Love" ones previously.

Re: Invitations Postage?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll just need to know what your weight and dimensions are before you know the exact amount stamps will be.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What Emi said.  Depending on the shape of your invitations (like square envelopes) or if they weigh more than the standard (e.g. if you're using pocket folds), you may need additional postage.

D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its quite common for the wedding invitation to need more postage than a normal letter.  So they have 61 cent stamps with a wedding cake on them.  And then for the R.S.V.P. envelopes they have 44 cent stamps with a set of wedding rings on them.  This is what I used.  Spent around $100 for stamps for 100 invites.  But check to make sure if you will need the extra postage or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took a sample of mine to the post office beforehand to see how much it weighed...we were able to get them just under the .44 cent cutoff. I believe square invites are automatically more expensive, though
  • Options
    Mcdice87Mcdice87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When figuring out how much it would cost to mail mine I went to one post office and they told me one thing (the invitations would cost about $1.25 each to mail) and decided to get a second opinion at another post office in Addison. There they told me I could mail mine with 2 $.44 cent stamps on them. Obviously there was a big difference between the two so I mailed mine through Addison and saved some money. If one place tells you something absurd try somewhere else. Hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards