Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

YWCA (or other venue) question.. looking for photos

Does anyone know of maybe a photography website or something where I can see pictures of actual weddings at the YWCA? I have googled and only found one. I'm usually a good googler but I imagine that the wedding photog sites may not pop up in google because many times the photog doesn't say where the wedding is when they share the pictures.

It is in our price range (low) but still seems to have a beautiful look to it. The only thing making me hesitate is the chairs (and I don't really like chair slip covers) and the fact that the bridal party pictures would be in downtown (which is actually pretty cute, but I was originally wanting lots of grass, trees, etc).

I guess I may as well ask of other venues that you all may know of that have similiar characteristics of YWCA (price range from 1500 to 3500 for ceremony plus reception, open catering, allows alcohol, diy friendly)... I have looked at Rose Chapel, Belltower Chapel, Northeast Wedding Chapel online.. those will be places I plan to go visit as well.
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: YWCA (or other venue) question.. looking for photos

• Options
    CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visited the YWCA and LOVED it on Sunday! It is beautiful. Jennifer is super sweet and quick to respond to e-mails. They have several photobooks for you to look at the the location. They will be doing a price increase soon though.

I visited the Rose Chapel and liked it but wanted to look some more. They were very nice there too! One of my sister's  sister had her wedding there about a year ago.

The Belltower chapel I didn't like the set-up.I felt the reception location was small. The location isn't in a very good location at all. When I looked at the venue there were some what looked like bullet holes in the brides room's stained glass. The chapel part was beautiful though. They just had a price increase.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH's cousin had her wedding there last month- I'll have to see if she has any pics available.  She doesn't do the online thing, so I don't have easy access.

What I really want to say, is if I were you, I wouldn't worry about the chairs.  I, like you, don't care for chair covers.  Of the 2 weddings I've been to at YWCA, neither used slip covers and I, no matter how hard I try, cannot isolate the look of the chairs in the decor.  I'm racking my brain- and I got nothin.  All I can remember is the overall look (which was lovely).  I have a strong feeling your guests will feel the same way.  
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought 809 at Vickery had a very similar vibe to YWCA. Last I heard they were doing an outdoor patio/garden area for wedding ceremonies. Bass Hall and the T&P Station also have a similar elegant look & feel (and they hold more guests than the other two). Both let you bring in food/drinks. T&P Station prices are just barely higher than YWCA. Bass Hall is a little higher, but it might still be within your budget.

I used www.cateredforyou.com's website to look at a lot of venues in FW. Here are some weddings at YWCA (the last one didn't use chair covers):
  • Options
    courtney*courtney* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the YWCA is gorgeous we drove by there yesterday and the curb appeal is fantastic we are going to look tonight! but the pics online that i have seen are absolutly beautiful! and the price is definantly right!
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amber - I am gettting married at the Rose Chapel and they have the same reception chairs. I also hate chair covers. I was seriously considering renting chairs until I visited the reception hall when it was completely decorated for a wedding. I realized after I left that I didn't even notice the chairs, which made me feel a lot better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info and links, y'all! I will check those out. :) I bet you guys are right about the chairs... I wouldn't notice them once everything is decorated... does 809 at Vickery do inside ceremonies?

I also really like how you have all day long (noon, I think) to decorate for the reception at YWCA, so that would be nice... thanks, again, for the help!

If anyone has other similar venues to add, feel free. :)
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what 809 at Vickery does for the ceremonies, come to think of it. I visited and talked to them several times and it never came up because we were only looking for a reception venue. When I looked, it was just the one room for the reception - think of the YWCA's ballroom - and they were working on the outdoor ceremony area. There may be clues what other people have done for the ceremony in their past event pics. http://atvickery.com/past_events

I was thisclose to booking Vickery, but my guest list exploded at the last minute so I needed a bigger venue. I think they were willing to throw in a few hours for setup for free. I know they also supplied/set up the tables/chairs there, too. (And their chairs were a little nicer-looking than YWCA's; I knew I couldn't cover them if I'd gone with that venue).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any price info on the Victory Arts Center?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thought I did, but I can't find it now. I do know that you have to use their catering & bar vendor.

If you're open to art galleries, I also looked at Fort Worth Community Arts Center, which lets you bring in your own vendors. Their rental prices were the best out of all the places I checked out. They were already booked on my date, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just booked at the YWCA today and am very excited. It is gorgeous! They do have a couple of photo books there that show actual weddings and their prices are going up 300.00 starting July,1. I love all of the detailing like the dark hardwood floors and the ceilings are gorgeous, so maybe that will outweigh the look of the chairs. We will be using slipcovers but I think either way, it is a beautiful place!

We went and looked at the Belltower today and it is very budget friendly and the chapel is beautiful but I didn't love the reception area and like someone else said, it is not in a good part of town, which is a shame because it really is very pretty.

We also went to:
     Victory Arts Center- I don't remember the pricing, though

Ashton Depot
    Marquis on the Magnolia
    River Ranch
    Stonegate Mansion
    Whispering Creek Ranch
    and Stockyards Station

Just some ideas, I hope it helps and good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just saw on the YWCA contract that you can't hang anything anywhere. No adhesives whatsoever.. that is kind of a bummer :( - but we were wanting June 18th, anyway and it looks like that date just got snatched today ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were choosing between June 18th and August 6th and I thought that they had told us when we visited last week that the 18th was already booked? But the chapel that we love was only opened for aug 6th and so was the YWCA so it all worked out!

Hope you find something that works for you and that you love (:

"The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol I was thought by your profile that you had gotten the June 18th ;) I'm sure we will find something, we just have to get our butts out of the house to go look and ask questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I just haven't got around to changing it yet! I'm excited about August 6th though because that will give us a little extra time! June 18th kind of scared me because it was less than a yr! (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards