Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Saturday

I think I'm the first one awake...Hopefully today will be productive. I've e-mailed the florist to make the final changes to the flower proposal and I need to make my list for the DJ of songs for the ceremony and reception.

80 people have RSVP'd so far out of 200. In 5 days we will be doing a lot of calls. Time gets away from me so quickly!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saturday

• Options
    I'm awake as well.  Stayed late at work last night and I'm going back in today for 4-6 hours of OT.  I'm thankful for OT pay but I'm so exhausted.  H didn't get home until 2 last night...ugh.

I am excited because we are going sailing tomorrow night to watch the fireworks in Rockwall.  We haven't been sailing since the night H proposed!  Hopefully it won't still be 100 degrees at 9PM.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been up since 5:00 and on the road. Driving through corn country. We should be in my hometown Waterloo IA in about an hour and it is hot and his already. Supposed to be in the 100's this week
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:ef4c4e48-eb9b-4b52-8afa-b3028ee7938f">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm awake as well.  Stayed late at work last night and I'm going back in today for 4-6 hours of OT.  I'm thankful for OT pay but I'm so exhausted.  H didn't get home until 2 last night...ugh. I am excited because we are going sailing tomorrow night to watch the fireworks in Rockwall.  We haven't been sailing since the night H proposed!  Hopefully it won't still be 100 degrees at 9PM.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Morning Amy! That sucks about work...that is definately too much. Sailing to watch fireworks sounds awesome, but I think you might be in for 90 degrees still.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning! 
    H wanted to get up an hour ago and mow the yard. When I went to wake him up 30 minutes ago..he swatted at me and went back to sleep. 
    I guess some one isn't mowing until tomorrow. 

We're going to Mesquite to H's parents today. 
  • Options
    Two weeks!!!!

FI is still asleep, and soon we will have to get ready and make the 3 hour drive out to Auburn for a wedding event. Tell me if this schedule sounds kind of bizarre:
    They had a private wedding ceremony yesterday (Friday). We were not invited.
    They are having a BBQ lunch today. We are invited.
    They are having a huge reception tomorrow, and of course we are invited.

I'm not offended at all, I just think it's kind of weird. And they are paying for us to stay at the B&B for 2 nights, so absolutely no complaining here. And we have had a chance to explore SF, which I've never been to.
    OH and here's me in front of the Full House landscape!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:d6667655-1775-496c-9759-5c20cb232980">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE] OH and here's me in front of the Full House landscape!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>sho be do bop ba dowwwwwww</div><div>
    </div><div>I think its bizarre when people have private ceremonies?  WHY do you have a private ceremony and then invite an buttload of people to a reception?  The ceremony isn't exactly the expensive part, and especially if I'm making a long trip, I kind of want to see the ceremony and see you exchange vows.  I'm not sure if "offended" would be the right word for me, but I don't like the whole "tiered" thing.  But then again, getting to go to SF is pretty awesome!</div>
  • Options

I think the private ceremony keeps things intimate and makes it less awkward.  I know my FI is dreading standing in front of a hundred people he doesn't know.

Cwagg- jealous, that was my childhood dream place to go see

So we have all these celebs here today for a charity event tonight, its sad to see the stripper walk of shame on a saturday morning as they try to slip out unnoticed with very little clothes on lol. On the plus side I got tickets to the game tonight for free. Woot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:d4448a68-181c-4e0f-b557-28e8bff4dd9a">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday :<strong> sho be do bop ba dowwwwwww</strong> I think its bizarre when people have private ceremonies?  WHY do you have a private ceremony and then invite an buttload of people to a reception?  The ceremony isn't exactly the expensive part, and especially if I'm making a long trip, I kind of want to see the ceremony and see you exchange vows.  I'm not sure if "offended" would be the right word for me, but I don't like the whole "tiered" thing.  But then again, getting to go to SF is pretty awesome!
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

OMG I sang this so much yesterday. Poor poor FI.

And yeah I don't get it, but they're being really good hosts in so many other ways that I'm pretty indifferent on the whole thing. There is a selfish part of me that wants to see her dress though!
    This is the couple that helped FI pull off his proposal at Disneyland, so they're great friends. So whatever they wanna do... we'll go with it.
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    Morning all...er...afternoon.

What a week it's been, but now I am on vacation from work until Thursday!

Between finding out I need a new car, and then thurday, when my Venue called and told me that ecause of an error in their system, they had double booked my date, and we were the second booking. So instead of Saturday May 25th, we will be getting married Friday May 17th. 

While it was stressful to find that out, this may work out for the better, they're going to waive the set up fee and give us a free round of signiture cocktails, and moving the date up a week means we're still in shoulder season rather than peak season for most honeymoon spots.

I will enjoy relaxing by the pool, seeing a movie, and watching the Rangers today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:10229173-8b13-4d49-864e-7d740f61fd71">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all...er...afternoon. What a week it's been, but now I am on vacation from work until Thursday! Between finding out I need a new car, and then thurday, when my Venue called and told me that ecause of an error in their system, they had double booked my date, and we were the second booking. So instead of Saturday May 25th, we will be getting married Friday May 17th.  While it was stressful to find that out, this may work out for the better, they're going to waive the set up fee and give us a free round of signiture cocktails, and moving the date up a week means we're still in shoulder season rather than peak season for most honeymoon spots. I will enjoy relaxing by the pool, seeing a movie, and watching the Rangers today.
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]

Wow you are handeling that way better than I would. If I had to not only switch weeks but switch the day of the week as well, I would be raising hell for a lot more free stuff :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:63eb0eab-39cc-49ef-82d9-80b2441b8972">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday : Wow you are handeling that way better than I would. If I had to not only switch weeks but switch the day of the week as well, I would be raising hell for a lot more free stuff :)
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Honestly, there's not a lot more free stuff to get, the venue is so cheap. Aside from food and drinks, the only costs are the ceremony set up fee and the reception set up fee (which also includes linenen) I don't have to pay to rent chairs, tables, linens, anything.</div><div>
    </div><div>And trust me, I had my freak out moment. A friend with wine had to calm me off this ledge: "Well, who even needs a wedding?! You know what, we'll just elope, who's going to give a f*** in 50 years!?" </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well my vacation has started with a bang with teenage daughter drama with her Dad. Neither one of them know how to deal and I'm trying to do the tough love thing and told them to figure it out. Geez her Dad only sees her twice a year and has no clue. Well now my daughter is at my Mom's house and I'm in my hotel with a damn headache. My mom is I'm sure thrilled with having a hysterical teenager and my FI is napping through all this drama. Oh boy! I need a shot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:10229173-8b13-4d49-864e-7d740f61fd71">Re: Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all...er...afternoon. What a week it's been, but now I am on vacation from work until Thursday! Between finding out I need a new car, and then thurday, when my Venue called and told me that ecause of an error in their system, they had double booked my date, and we were the second booking. So instead of Saturday <strong>May 25th</strong>, we will be getting married Friday May 17th.  While it was stressful to find that out, this may work out for the better, they're going to waive the set up fee and give us a free round of signiture cocktails, and moving the date up a week means we're still in shoulder season rather than peak season for most honeymoon spots. I will enjoy relaxing by the pool, seeing a movie, and watching the Rangers today.
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nooo! May 25th is the best wedding date EVER.  Ok, I might be slightly biased... ;-)</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  Like PP said, I wouldn't be handling this nearly as well as you seem to be.  Our venue was the same way though -- rental rate was the same very day and it included the space, sound system, linens, tables, chairs, and even centerpieces.  There wasn't much more you could throw in for free.  I hope in the end this works out for the best.  Sometimes things turn out better than we could have imagined.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:93fe1a1f-0dcd-4785-9dfe-0b2355d791dcPost:5e26bb48-4999-47dc-87c8-1b7f0518290c">Re:Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my vacation has started with a bang with teenage daughter drama with her Dad. Neither one of them know how to deal and I'm trying to do the tough love thing and told them to figure it out. Geez her Dad only sees her twice a year and has no clue. Well now my daughter is at my Mom's house and I'm in my hotel with a damn headache. My mom is I'm sure thrilled with having a hysterical teenager and my FI is napping through all this drama. Oh boy! I need a shot!
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh gosh, kt, I'm so sorry. :(  Not the way anyone wants to spend a vacation.  I hope that both of them are able to put on their big girl and big boy underwearz and deal in a short amount of time. Do you want to share what happened? Or who started what?  

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards