Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

Flame that H got a gig in Corpus Christi this weekend and can't come up to the Hotter N Hell party at my parent's house. It's great that he's working so much, but who's going to help me eat all the ceviche??

Re: FFF

• Options
    You know, as horrible as the Chapelle de Fleurs thing is for the brides that booked there, I have very little sympathy for the owner.  The letter on the webpage makes it sound like she's just throwing one huge pity party.  She was that far back on her rent and continued to book weddings?  And then to act like it's her landlord's fault that she's being evicted?  Maybe I'm hugely cynical and/or don't have all the facts, but it just seems like a situation that never should have been allowed to happen.

Oh, and I'll try not to give anything away (I apologize that my FB friend doesn't seem to know what a spoiler alert is), but seriously.  Watch last night's Project Runway.  I am still angry.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I have to work all weekend. I don't mind working Saturdays but Sundays stink!

I agree on the Chapelle de Fleurs thing. A land lord is not going to just shut you out unless it's been an ongoing problem. That lady should have quite while she was ahead a long time ago. Just for this reason, now there are brides who have to scramble to find a venue for their wedding if they even can. I feel horrible for them.

cwagg- if I didn't have to work I would help you eat ceviche.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Amanda - I agree! And she's not even trying to help brides find another venue... the building owner is doing that, and she's not even in the business at all!
    Yeah, that owner of the chapel was not being responsible with business practices at ALL. I can't imagine that happening to us.
  • Options
    Amanda- Exactly. She's trying to vilify the owners, but she clearly says "I told them I'd have rent on the 13th on they shut me out on the 15th" So...They gave you two extra days to pay rent...and you didn't and now you want to be mad?
  • Options
    Don't blame the Church for being 'uncooperative' just because your wedding date or desired TIME on that date is booked, when It is probably a result of not having all necessary information and not paying attention. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fault of the Church.

I made this mistake--we initially planned on getting married at St. Rita's, and I contacted the parish administrator to set up our meeting with Fr. Bob. The closest date he had available  to meet with us was a month out which we booked at that time, and she also penciled in our wedding date and desired time slot; a 3:00 ceremony. So, as I continued to plan between October 5 and November 4, and my understanding was that J and I were getting married AT St. Rita's AT 3 PM. In the meantime, I booked my reception venue, Addison Event Center, mostly because it was less than a 5 minute drive from Church to reception. Convenient, no? Well, we met with Fr. Bob, and when he was looking at the 'official' wedding binder, he advised that the available times on June 18 were 12 and 7. I laughed and said, 'oh, well, we're actually your 3 PM wedding! I booked that with the Parish Administrator last month when I scheduled this meeting.' His face fell. "I'm sorry, Miss Courtski. The date and time are only official once you and I meet to review everything, which is today. Someone booked the 3:00 slot on June 18 on October 10th. I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding."

I didn't blame the CHURCH for being uncooperative. I was angry with myself for not CONFIRMING with the administrator that the time and date were OURS for sure.  So I had to scramble for an alternate Church. I had already paid the hefty non-refundable deposit for AEC and based on what I wanted for the wedding, having our ceremony at St. Rita's just wouldn't work with our schedule. I wouldn't dare blame that situation on them. I learned my lesson the hard way and you better believe that for the rest of my planning, I confirmed every dang thing in writing.

::end rant::
  • Options
    Totally agree with all of you re: Chapelle de Fleurs. One article said the late payments had been an ongoing issue for years. The owners said they recently renegotiated a lease for her, and she was still late every month. You can't blame them for not wanting to deal with it anymore.

I am glad that the owners (and other venue owners) are trying to help the brides who have been left out in the cold. I can't imagine losing your venue weeks or months before the event. Hopefully things will work out for those who have been affected.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, if I was in a situation of that nature I would have been completely freaked out. My photographer and others have gone on fb trying to reach out to help those brides which I thought was nice.

And my flame of the day. First quote for my pictures was Wednesday, then Thursday night, then the website went down and today it's back up, but they are shooting a wedding and I won't get them until tomorrow. I know it's just a few days, but I've been waiting and checking my e-mail every 10 minutes. I want my pictures! It's a tease that the website has the first picture uploaded very small. I want more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards