Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

I flame the annoying new engineer at work for not knowing what the heck he's doing. It makes my job 6456486135 times harder! Oh, and we also have a language barrier. Wheeee. Thank goodness it's Friday.

Anniversary

Re: FFF

• Options
    I flame my own jealousy. Our good friends just bought a new home and it's BEAUTIFUL and I had total house-envy when we went over there last night. They're great friends (one of H's groomsmen), and they cooked us dinner knowing that we weren't settled yet.
    Why are girls so competitive about everything???
    (I'm obviously just referring to myself, she's sweet as can be)
  • Options
    Haha, Carrie...I would have had house-envy, too! I'm always a bit jealous when some of our friends seem like they have it all together before we do. I think it's just genetic.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:98090da3-7ecc-4fac-bf68-17cc84fab3d4Post:313837e8-6686-4bad-a953-b9363e4e58a4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, Carrie...I would have had house-envy, too! I'm always a bit jealous when some of our friends seem like they have it all together before we do. I think it's just genetic.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

I think so, too! When I told a coworker (and someone I would consider a good friend)  that I got engaged, she broke down crying about a week later saying she was sorry that she was so upset, but she was kind of jealous because her and her boyfriend of 5 years weren't engaged. Their toxic relationship is a whole other story, but I was shocked because I was like, um, are you kidding?? Y'all just bought a 600K house last year (she's 25, he's much older and wealthy) and I was jealous of HER because if she stays with him she will never have money worries ever ever again.
    It's all so relative.
  • Options
    I get house envy when I watch Property Brothers. It really makes me wish that we had bought more of a fixer-upper with good bones in an area we loved . Sigh. I think my biggest wish is just for a bigger yard. With grass. 

I flame my job (shocker).  My boss is now micromanaging the hell out of me and I just can't deal with it. Really hoping my interviewer from Wednesday offers me the job soon- I still think I was overqualified though. With DH already putting in his two weeks, we both can't be out of jobs at the same time. Looks like I get to tough it out.  

• Options
    Amanda - When H was going through his tough time before he got accepted to film school, he read a book called 'How to Love the Job you Hate' and I don't remember who wrote it, but it ws really short and it helped him get through his last few months of the corporate world.
  • Options
    Thanks Carrie, I will look into that! 
  • Options
    I totally understand the envy thing.  Not that I take pleasure in your bad feelings, but I feel better knowing that it isn't just me.

I flame people who don't let you know they received a gift you sent them in the mail.  Rudeness irks me, big time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I flame the weather tomorrow, we are moving and ther eis a 60% chance of rain! UHG!!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]Amanda When H was going through his tough time before he got accepted to film school, he read a book called 'How to Love the Job you Hate' and I don't remember who wrote it, but it ws really short and it helped him get through his last few months of the corporate world. Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    I think I need to read that too. I'm going to be stuck where I'm at for a while
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a real flame.  I flame CATurren for making a "length of relationship" requirement for her guests to have plus ones.  I get if someone starts dating someone after the RSVPs have been returned, but seriously.  You don't get to decide how meaningful someone's relationship is.  SOs are invited to your wedding.
    Anniversary

• Options

Amanda - wow. who cares as long as your guests have fun?! ridic.

• Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]I have a real flame.nbsp; I flame CATurren for making a quot;length of relationshipquot; requirement for her guests to have plus ones.nbsp; I get if someone starts dating someone after the RSVPs have been returned, but seriously.nbsp; You don't get to decide how meaningful someone's relationship is.nbsp; SOs are invited to your wedding. Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Finally an actual flame on FFF. And I agree.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards