Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Dress Cleaning Question

So after doing my bridals last month, my dress is no longer spotless :( It was super hot that day and I sweated up a storm!! I guess it didn't help that I had a spray tan a few days prior either..I would like to get it cleaned and steamed before the big day but I really don't even know where to start. I have tried googling it but I keep coming up with gown preservation. Has anyone else had to get their dress cleaned after pics? Any adbice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Cleaning Question

• edited December 2011
    Is it really dirty or just a little?  I got my dress dirty doing bridals, but it was just at the bottom and my alterations person said I didn't need to bother getting it cleaned since it would just get dirty again.  Just a thought!  :-)

I don't really know where you could take it, so I'm no help there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Well it's not really dirty but I notice it and I am pretty sure it would bother me. My dress is also really really white. I could take a look at it again and see how bad it actually is..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try using some chalk and a white cloth and see if it rubs out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Market Street Cleaners (I think that's the name) in Las Colinas. It's by the Tom Thumb on Northgate and MacArthur. Someone in the area help me out with the name.

The guy there is very nice and very helpful. When I went in to talk to him I told him the problem and about my dress (lace inlet train and lace appliques throughout and a very beaded bodice). He said he thought he could do it but to bring it in and if he couldn't clean it he wouldn't even try. I brought it in and he looked at the beading and the appliques - to see how sturdy there were I guess - and he said he could do it.

He charged me $100 + tax. Which you won't be able to beat anywhere else.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I will see if the chalk will work if not at least I know of a cleaners I can take it too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards