Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame hurricane Earl.... particularly if he messes with our flight to RI, for our last wedding planning trip. Grrrr
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beecjena08beecjena08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To tc1016 : Oh no I sure hope that it doesn't mess with your flight
    I flame allergies!!!
    It's going to be a lovely day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing this week. Sorry ladies.

I will say though, because I must get this off my chest, I have a friend who is pregnant and I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to hang out with her anymore. That's ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT. Being pregnant, or babies. Even when we talk about something else, the conversation always leads back to that. It's getting old.

You know, I get it. You're exicted to be a mom. Great. I'm happy for you. But, it's kind of like when you're engaged and planning your wedding. Nobody cares but you. Really, they don't. If she doesn't cool it on the baby talk, it's going to hurt our friendship and she's going to start seeing less and less of me. I have lots of other pregnant friends who can manage to hold normal conversations and not even bring up the baby, or pregnancy. Imagine that! I didn't talk about my wedding non stop when I was engaged, because I knew nobody cared.

But literally, this chick is overboard. Every facebook post since she found out she was pregnant 2 months ago has been pregnancy/baby related. I'm about to de-friend her on facebook, and real life. And I'm sure once the baby is born, it's going to be 100x worse.

K, done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NMac-that reminds me of a Sex and the City episode where they were talking about women who were preg/have kids and that's all they talk about. Then they beg Meranda not to be one of those women. I guess she's just overly excited about it.

I FFF sore muscles for working 14 hours yesterday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Megan,

Yes! I remember that episode!! LOVE SATC! :)

Yes, overly excited is an understatement. Be excited, but also remember that not everyone wants to hear about it!!  I was excited about getting married, but didn't share it with the whole world 24-7.
  • Options
    brhinklebrhinkle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I FLAME MY STUPID CO-WORKER

I told you yesterday I have to pick my SD up from school today and as i am on my way back home to finish getting ready for work you decide to call me at 7:50 to let you know you're too exhausted from no sleep your not coming in... So now let's see NO hair done, NO make up and NO ONE to pick up SD because you left me here alone today...WTF I know we only have one month left here, but geesh its a 3 day weekend why are you so greedy and leave me totally hanging thanx!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame the people in my ethics class.

There is no need to comment on everything the professor says.  We get it.  You think you are the smartest person in the class.  News flash! Not everything you say is intelligent!  And I'm sure you think the professor just LOVES hearing your input every thirty seconds, but since he just told you to literally shut up I'm guessing he doesn't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame my job for working me into the ground and sucking all the happy out of me.  I am finally wrapping my mind around a total career change, and it would be hard in the interim, but probably not any harder than things are right this moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:288fed0e-e0a6-4e2f-afe6-57e5ad5fdbb3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame my job for working me into the ground and sucking all the happy out of me. 
    Posted by angieandjames[/QUOTE]

Me too!  I'm also considering a total career change.  It's not about the money anymore, it's about being happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame my younger brother. He got married in March. FI and I got engaged about a month later (he had been planning since Xmas but did not want to interfere with my brother's wedding which was kind of last-minute). The second after we got engaged I found out my new SIL is pregnant. Yay. Now my brother is telling my mom that they probably won't come to our wedding since they will have a newborn! What? The baby will be 6 months old by then, and I even ran out and rush-ordered a BM dress for his wedding when he called me in February saying they needed a replacement. Ugh. OH, and last night FI got a call from some collection agency looking for my brother.

On top of everything I'm slightly annoyed that my brother and SIL are using the name I had reserved for my future baby should I have one lol. At least I know his baby will have a name I approve of :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame my dog.

Tuesday evening I got a call that she had knocked over the trash can, dragged trash everywhere, and was started to eat a slab of tossed out brownies.

Thursday morning we woke up to the same trash can issue, only this time coffee grounds had been dragged throughout the house.

This morning I woke up to dog poop all over our living room.  Of course she has a stomachache - she keeps eating trash!

(No she's not a puppy, and yes we have large heavy metal lidded trash cans.  No idea how this keeps happening.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:21764e09-17b0-44a0-8019-5c3157aae6f7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame allergies!!! Posted by beecjena08[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed walking outside to a cool morning but the change in the air is killing me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i flame someone who has been very important to me for 12 years who has decided our relationship isn't important to her anymore and would rather be a stubborn baby than talk about things with me. she's refusing to come to the wedding and couldn't even send the rsvp herself - had her mom do it. i don't WANT this to be the end of our relationship, but i can't have her in my life anymore when she treats me this way. it hurts like WHOA and i spent most of yesterday trying not to break down in tears or throw up, but i'm done with it. time to let the healing begin.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jordan -- I remember people use to do that in my MBA classes all the time. It was so annoying! You just want to say SHUT UP.. no one care anymore.

I flame being at work today! We had a couple co-workers call in... Should have thought of this. Three day weekend get here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also flame the girl on another board who asked the knot which house she should buy. Really you couldn't make this decision on your own?? I thought it was ridiculous! If you got two job offers would you ask us which one to pick. I don't know why but it really bugged me.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame my FSIL.  On August 19, of THIS YEAR, she posted on FB that she got married.  To a guy FI and I had never met or heard of.  I may have flamed her that week, I don't remember.  Today, she posted that she's getting it annulled.... after 2 weeks of posting how happy they are, and how excited she is about family life, and so on... Girl, you have not even had your two CHILDREN for months now, what do you know about family life.  I could go on and on about how insane this girl is, but I will just leave it at this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame the two women I know who announced on Facebook that they were pregnant the day they found out.  ( I don't mean at the Dr. I mean the home test)..... one of which has now announced that it was a false positive.

C'mon now people...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:0279b9eb-f1f6-415a-b880-6328cefe2387">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the two women I know who announced on Facebook that they were pregnant the day they found out.  ( I don't mean at the Dr. I mean the home test)..... one of which has now announced that it was a false positive. C'mon now people...
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I know of this girl who did something similar except she didn't even take a HPT...she just "knew". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:0279b9eb-f1f6-415a-b880-6328cefe2387">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the two women I know who announced on Facebook that they were pregnant the day they found out.  ( I don't mean at the Dr. I mean the home test)..... one of which has now announced that it was a false positive. C'mon now people...

I had a girl I went to HS do that last week actually. Put the pee stick picture on FB. She also just got married 8 days before that, at the JP. She's classy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:60950160-a9b0-4262-ada8-35f60d00b075">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]IShe's classy.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't post I was pregnant on FB unless I was already a few months along.

This topic of mothers to be and mothers reminds me of http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:0279b9eb-f1f6-415a-b880-6328cefe2387">Re: FFF</a>:

That's just embarassing for them! Honestly, why wouldn't you wait a couple months? Do people really need to know right now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame finding stuff out on FB instead of people telling me themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beecjena08beecjena08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What put a picture of the pee stick on Face book? lol. I know a guy that took a picture of the pee stick and brought it to work to show us. So he was going to everyone saying "hey let me show you something." It was so funny to see the expressions on people's faces.
    It's going to be a lovely day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Seujoanne*
    "(No she's not a puppy, and yes we have large heavy metal lidded trash cans.  No idea how this keeps happening.)"

I saw an episode of "It's Me or the Dog" where they put some weights at the bottom of the trash can under the liner, and that kept the dog from tipping it ove..  Sounds like your dog is really strong, ha, but maybe if you get enough weights in there??

ETA: " She also just got married 8 days before that, at the JP. She's classy. "
    Seriously?  Wtf is wrong with getting married at the JP or getting pregnant before you're married?  Seriously, just wow.   I flame this board.
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I've held this in long enough.

FI and I loaned FMIL $600 because she was helping FI's brother and wife out. FI's brother and wife have 2 kids and are the worst with money. They blew their money one month (last March) and went to FMIL (FI's mom). She said she would loan them money to pay rent.

She then came to FI and I (who are very responsible with our money) and asked for money so she could give it to FI's brother. I said no, but FI is a lot nicer then me so we loaned her the money. We were told that we would be paid back in April.

It is now 1 month until our wedding and we have NOT been paid back yet. We are pissed! Because of their irresponsibility we have to suffer. It doesn't look like we're going to get paid back and because of that we are going to have exactly $357 dollars spending money for our honeymoon.

We planned and budgeted and save then this happens. I'm so pissed I could cry and I just want to yell at them to grow up. You are a grown a** adult, start acting like it.

Alright, flame over.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nick - that is a good idea, thanks!  Believe it or not, she's an 11 lb. Min Pin who can knock these trash cans over.  I have no idea how she does it!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:af721581-7593-49de-b149-00f5e2c9f6ec">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]*ETA: " She also just got married 8 days before that, at the JP. She's classy. " Seriously?  Wtf is wrong with getting married at the JP or getting pregnant before you're married?  Seriously, just wow.   I flame this board.
    Posted by nickandmerritt[/QUOTE]

I think that Natalie was referring to the whole pee stick incident...  simmer down!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:992985a2-3372-4f38-8762-07b4cb91c00bPost:af721581-7593-49de-b149-00f5e2c9f6ec">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA: " She also just got married 8 days before that, at the JP. She's classy. " Seriously?  Wtf is wrong with getting married at the JP or getting pregnant before you're married?  Seriously, just wow.   I flame this board.
    Posted by nickandmerritt[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the "she's classy" statement came from her putting a picture of the test that the had PEED on on FB. Calm down now...</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame knotties who don't know how to use the quote link.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards