Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Marty Leonard Chapel

Did anyone get married in this chapel?

I toured it last week, my fiance & I love it! Just want to see if anyone has any comments or reviews on this location before I put a deposit down...

The time slots are short, only 3 hours long... How did you make up for time (when did you choose to take pictures, etc?) I want the latest time slot (I think..?) which is 5-8pm. My only dilemma with taking the later time slot is with pictures. Will it be dark in all of our wedding party pics after the ceremony?

Maybe I should go with the 1-4 slot? IDK, I'm a very indecisive bride... any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! Smile

Re: Marty Leonard Chapel

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sunset on your wedding date will be around 6:30 pm.

I LOVE the Marty Leonard Chapel and the pictures always turn out gorgeous.

Other than that, I'm no help.  :)
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that chapel is beautiful!  I've been to a wedding there once and thought it was gorgeous.  My future cousin is getting married there 3 weeks before us, so I can ask her what her thoughts are on the timeline and get back with you.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_marty-leonard-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9af743ed-10aa-4c78-af20-bf466af5de0cPost:f79ce21f-67ac-4d05-b806-3403caff956a">Re: Marty Leonard Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that chapel is beautiful!  I've been to a wedding there once and thought it was gorgeous.  My future cousin is getting married there 3 weeks before us, so I can ask her what her thoughts are on the timeline and get back with you.
    Posted by amberpro[/QUOTE]

Oh that would be great! Let me know what she says... I know they are booked up all the way through 2010... It does look gorgeous... it took my breath away when we walked in. I'm also thinking of touring the BellTower in Fort Worth.. The price is defnitely right! I have a budget of $15,000 & whatever I don't spend we get to keep. (My Dad's little incentive plan, haha!) Everything is just so exciting...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_marty-leonard-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9af743ed-10aa-4c78-af20-bf466af5de0cPost:34ff1024-013e-41f0-b5b9-309aad85877e">Re: Marty Leonard Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sunset on your wedding date will be around 6:30 pm. I LOVE the Marty Leonard Chapel and the pictures always turn out gorgeous. Other than that, I'm no help.  :)
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Your pictures look gorgeous! What time of day did you get married?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, thanks so much.  We got married at 7:00--we had to get married after sunset because my DH is Jewish.  (That's how I know how to look up sunset times :))

Our reveal pictures were early though--around 5:00.  We got married in November and sunset was at 6:00 and it was completely dark an hour later.
  • edited December 2011
    What are their rates? FI's church keeps delaying us on rather we can do the ceremony there. If we don't now by next week, we are going to have to look else where. I've waited 5mos for an answer.
    figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
  • october818october818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny enough, my ex and I married that (it wasn't the chapel's thought) back in 2004.

We found 5-8 to be perfect and held the ceremony at 6:30.
    We had 5-530 for pre-pics
    We had 7-8 for post pictures
    It was dark for us in Nov when we left.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married there February 27th! We have had a great experience so far with Katherine and her assistant that aid in the wedding planning process for the chapel.

As far as the time slot - we actually have a 4-7 slot (they recently changed it to 5-8). Our ceremony is halfway through at 5:30. At four O'Clock we will be there and I will be getting all my pictures done individually with wedding party/family without my fiance and then at 4:30 I'll go downstairs to wait and my fiance will do all his individual pictures with family/wedding party. That way after the ceremony pictures will go quick because we'll only have the pictures together with everyone and together by ourselves to do. We plan for the ceremony only to take thirty minutes, so we'll have an hour afterwards to take pictures and get ready to go to the reception.

I highly recommend having someone designated in your wedding party, maybe house party, to help "take down" or get all of your stuff out of the chapel, or even better, having a day of coordinator to get everything taken down and out before your time slot is up!

I'll post a review after the wedding! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_marty-leonard-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9af743ed-10aa-4c78-af20-bf466af5de0cPost:3befe14b-1f2f-4990-9b26-3044ce73d34d">Re: Marty Leonard Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are their rates? FI's church keeps delaying us on rather we can do the ceremony there. If we don't now by next week, we are going to have to look else where. I've waited 5mos for an answer.
    Posted by donnamarie02[/QUOTE]

It's $1700 for a three hour time slot on a Saturday... I know that Fridays & Sundays are less expensive too ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_marty-leonard-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9af743ed-10aa-4c78-af20-bf466af5de0cPost:8120e4fb-5385-45d4-ab66-73f5a69152bd">Re: Marty Leonard Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm getting married there February 27th! I highly recommend having someone designated in your wedding party, maybe house party, to help "take down" or get all of your stuff out of the chapel, or even better, having a day of coordinator to get everything taken down and out before your time slot is up! I'll post a review after the wedding! Let me know if you have any questions!
    Posted by cehubbard[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO much for posting!! So far I have nothing but great things to say about Katherine as well. I have e-mailed her inquiring about what seems like 100 different dates & she has been extremely patient with me & has answered all my questions promptly. We've FINALLY decided on March 26th 2011 YAY!!! We've set the date and now it feels so "official" :) We booked the 5-8 time slot and I picked March 26th becaues the sun won't be all the way down until around 8 on this day so that will give us an hour to take pictures after the ceremony. We are planning on doing 6:30 right in the middle (just like you but a tad different since the time slots changed by an hour).

I will be anxious to hear how your day goes! I hope it's amazing... Congratulations.. you're almost there!! woohooo!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww Yay! That is SO exciting for you! Congratulations - for me booking the date was one of the most exciting and relief-filled items to get done! I'm sure that time and date will be perfect for you!

I'll post a review after the wedding with a tell-all of how it went at the chapel and any tips/tricks for it - Happy to help in any way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards