Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hen Party

I'm 48 days out, Ladies, and all of my people are coming in from out of town.  Although i'm not a "Born-and-bred" Texan, I thought that Iwould  suggest that we have the hen party at a CW dance place (TK wouldn't let me use the word h_____ tonk) - I think it will tickle to death the gals coming in from overseas.  I don't know C&W at all and could use some suggestions.  Thanks! 

Re: Hen Party

• Options
    I'm not sure what a hen party is. 

There is Cowboys in arlington and I there is some place called Redneck Heaven (but I know nothing about this place).

What area were you wanting to be in?
  • Options
    Hen Party is the European equivalent of a bachelorette party.

There's Cowboy's Red River on 35 and... I think Walnut Hill?  Not the best area, though.

Pete's Piano Bar isn't SUPER country, but it would be fun.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Also, 
    There is Billy Bob's. (I Think Ft worth)
  • Options
    There are tons of places to go in the Fort Worth stockyards: Rodeo Exchange, Thirsty Armadillo (more for partying than dancing though) and like PP mentioned, Billy Bob's. Billy Bob's and Cowboys in Arlington are huuuuuge. The other places that I mentioned are smaller. Not sure if this is your thing but I've also heard that Roundup in Dallas is fun - it's a gay C&W bar. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My parents love to go to Lone Star Roadhouse in Dallas. It's not huge, and I've never been, but when they can't make it over to Billy Bobs, it's where they like to go.
    In terms of iconic, you can't beat Billy Bob's, though.
  • Options
    Woohoo!  Thanks for coming through ladies!  I'll check them all out.  It doesn't matter where - we'll make our way.  I think that we're going to hire a car/limo/mini bus depending upon how many people make it. Being as it's during the week, I'm not expecting a huge turnout.  But not being familiar with this genre, I really needed your help.  a big THANK YOU to you all!
  • Options
    Oh, and VERY GOOD IDEA of Pete's.  We had thought of taking our guests there that are visiting, but the Hen oarty there would be cool too.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I vote Billy Bob's, like someone else mentioned, it's iconic. 
  • Options

Billy Bobs is hit or miss...and the weekends they have concerts with little to no dancing. Cowboys in Arlington is awesome on the weekends. Last time I was there I had this 60 year old guy pick me up and swing me around like I was a kid on the dance floor. So much fun. My favorite though is Round-Up. Like PP said it's a gay club but they openly welcome everyone and a lot of people go there for dancing during the week and weekend. It turns into top 40's club atmosphere around 11:30pm.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hen-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9b2e042c-e02c-4201-b23d-46bb1e577f6dPost:8f1d0fca-336b-4bb8-892f-7b1852596bac">Re: Hen Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what a hen party is.  There is Cowboys in arlington and I there is some place called Redneck Heaven (but I know nothing about this place). What area were you wanting to be in?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, Redneck Heaven is similar to Hooters or Twin Peaks, but with less clothes. Definiltely not where you want to go on a bachelorette party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards