Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Any "South" Dallas brides??

I've been looking into some of the recommended vendors for florists and bakeries and they all seem to be north (Frisco, Plano areas).  While I don't mind driving for some things,  sometimes 30-40 miles for a tasting and consultation is too far.  Is there anyone who lives near Cedar Hill, Grand Prairie, Arlington who has some suggestions on where to find florists or bakeries? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217

Re: Any "South" Dallas brides??

• I'm sure others will chime in, but as far as bakeries, I know that The Cake Guys have stores in Uptown and Duncanville, and they are extremely reasonable and popular on these boards. Not to mention, their cakes are yummy! There are other bakeries in the downtown Dallas area (Frosted Art, Society Bakery, Panini Cakes, Dallas Affaires) that aren't any further north than Mockingbird off of 75.

I'm not as educated on florists since mine was a personal recommendation and is just starting out on her own (I actually didn't meet with anyone but her). She would travel to you (most likely), she is Ashley Kirk (www.ashlilium.com).
  • I used the Cake Guys (Duncanville) and my florist (LeFleur Couture) is in Ft. Worth.

I think I've seen Bice's Florist mentioned on here and they are in Hurst.  There are a lot of vendors in the Uptown area of Dallas too which isn't too far.
  • I don't know if it's too far north, but Out of the Garden is based in Irving (pretty close to DFW Airport) and I really liked them.
    Anniversary

• We are using Sugar Bee Sweets in Arlington for our cake.
  • I used a Man and a Woman floral and they were in Dallas. I loved them! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Dirt florist is in the Bishop Arts District. They are very unique for weddings. They do the designs of my work and they are gorgeous every week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Tprice please check your private messages

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_any-south-dallas-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a09c55c5-85bb-4385-bed1-64e9043b97a7Post:31b9424b-7b3f-4ad9-8f6f-1f47aa63c4bf">Re: Any "South" Dallas brides??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much!
    Posted by tprice11[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning,
    I am using CAKE DIVA for my wedding cakes! She is all that and you will NOT be disappointed. Email me for more information!
    monica.nicole09@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards