Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Songs

What is/was your first dance song?

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to?

Re: Wedding Songs

• Options
    edited December 2011

Our first dance is to a country song-Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd (older song)

Coming down the isle will be traditional wedding music

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? "Can't Help Falling in Love" by the Eels--not the Elvis one.

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to?  The traditional Wedding March/"Here comes the bride."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance song is by Bart Crow Band and it is "All I Need"

I am walking down the aisle to "Canon in D?!" I think that's what it is called?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    First Dance: 'Your Everything' by Keith Urban

Walking down the aisle: Pachelbel's Canon in D (my dad and I used to do a violin/piano duet to this when I was little. Tear.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Dance: Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield

Walking down the aisle: Jonathan Cain's (Journey) Bridal March. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:6b53ad1d-c47a-4cb3-8cbe-0e90d3f3cf0a">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE] am walking down the aisle to "Canon in D?!" I think that's what it is called?
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Dance: Come Away with Me - Norah Jones
    Walking Down Aisle: Bridal Chorus
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Dance:  This Magic Moment - Ben E King  (we did a sort of choreographed dance to it)

Aisle:   Traditional Bridal march, played on the harp.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? Head Over Feet by Alanis Morisette (Vitamin String Quartet version)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? Something by the Beatles

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? Ava Maria (string version)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Dance: Chasing cars by snow patrol
    Walking Down Aisle: Debating on Canon in D or the vitamin string quartet version of love song by Taylor Swift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:31bce99d-24a5-46d8-81d0-e7e915857ab6">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]First Dance: Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield Posted by danac2010[/QUOTE]

Such a great song!  It was on our must play list and it did not get played. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? The Way I Am (?) by Ingrid Michaelson.  We couldn't decide betwee that or "Man and Wife" by Michelle Featherstone so we did Man and Wife for our private dance.

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? Kisses and Cake from PS I love you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I keep changing my mind but currently:

First Dance will probably end up being Michael Franti's "Say Hey (I love you)"

Down the Aisle to Vitamin String Quartet covering Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? Good Morning Beautiful by Steve Holy

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole on the Steel drums. (as long as we can book steel drums because right now our first vendor is starting to flake big time)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First dance: "Two of the Lucky Ones" by The Droge and Summers Blend
    Walk down the aisle: acoustic guitar version of "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? -- "When God made you" - Newsboys

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? - Canon in D, I use to play it on the violin and love listening to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First dance: Wrapped for You-Zack Walther Walk down the aisle: From this Moment- Shania Twain
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:900eec3b-3e2c-4997-b61f-a65a40052a0a">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Songs : Such a great song!  It was on our must play list and it did not get played. 
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

I've always loved the song and it just happens that DH is related to Johnny Cash so he loved it.  I get goosebumbs everytime I hear the song!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is/was your first dance song? Its I belong to you by Ananstacia and Eros Ramazotti..its a bilingual song

What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? Not sure yet but maybe Canon in D although it reminds me of my graduation.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was "Who I Am" by Wade Bowen

I walked down the aisle to the traditional wedding march, played on piano.

Funny story:  The rest of my music was recorded.  At the rehearsal, I couldn't find the CD to practice with - it was lost in the truck.  When I found it the next morning, someone took it to the church, and it didn't work.  So, we re-burned it, and the songs were in the reverse order, so the parents/grandparents entrance, bridal party entrance, unity candle, and recessional were all mixed up... but it made me laugh.  At least my entrance was correct, right?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:e30ae402-0b56-41c1-b9f0-9347a9cbe1b0">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]First dance: Wrapped for You-Zack Walther Walk down the aisle: <strong>From this Moment- Shania Twain</strong>
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

OO I wonder if there is a string/instramental version of this as I LOVE that song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Dance - "Everything" by Michael Buble

Walked down the aisle to - Palchelbel's "Canon in D", I wanted to use "Yellow" by VSQ but my dad convinced me to go more the traditional route. I had the wedding party go to "Yellow" instead.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Better Together by Jack Johnson

For Me This is Heaven by Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:0ae5306a-9f2b-43b2-a3fc-b26207f134dc">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Songs : OO I wonder if there is a string/instramental version of this as I LOVE that song.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

VSQ does!

<a href="http://www.rhapsody.com/playlistcentral/playlistdetail?playlistId=ply.24914441">http://www.rhapsody.com/playlistcentral/playlistdetail?playlistId=ply.24914441</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From This Moment always reminds me of the birth of my daughter.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne

The Luckiest by Ben Folds

So many good songs on this post.  I'm such a softy for love songs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:374688c4-30e4-442f-89d4-67a2e6c20685">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is/was your first dance song? You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne .
    Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE]

I heart that song it is on our must play when we are on the dance floor list.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a0fbab72-8f76-4386-a824-d9516d7183f8Post:374688c4-30e4-442f-89d4-67a2e6c20685">Re: Wedding Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is/was your first dance song? You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne What song will/did you walk down the aisle to? The Luckiest by Ben Folds So many good songs on this post.  I'm such a softy for love songs.
    Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE]

I really wanted The Luckiest for our first dance but it is too long.  Great idea walking down the aisle to it though!  And yeah, I love to see what everyone is using.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephanie - There was no question that I'd be walking down the aisle to The Luckiest but it is long.  I had a friend shorten it and take out the verse about being born at different times.  Worked out great and unless you know the song, you couldn't tell when the editing happened.

Bobbileigh - I love Ray - he is soooo full of soul.  This song is also long so we had it shortened a bit too since DH doesn't like a lot of attention.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards