Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW Thursday

AW (and shameless plug) goes to my FI today, who got a job working the Dallas Film Festival for the next month.
Go support the festival! And if you buddy up with me, I may be able to get you some free passes. :) It sucks because he gets SO MANY free passes, but we can't use them because he works all day every day. Ironic.

Re: AW Thursday

• WR AW: I have gotten 2 out of the 5 bouquets completely re-wired this week... hurray! Also, I made my appointment with Becky Fowler (2 weeks from today!) and FI and I are registering tomorrow night. Hopefully we are also finally setting a ceremony time this weekend... not having that is stressing me out a bit!

NWR AW: I've been forcing myself to go to bed fairly early the last few weeks, and the last 2 weeks I've managed to work 8 hour days... which means I will be getting a much larger-than-usual paycheck on Monday! :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:36aa0c44-dad1-4637-9d84-daa6a9992546">AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW (and shameless plug) goes to my FI today, who got a job working the Dallas Film Festival for the next month. Go support the festival! And if you buddy up with me, I may be able to get you some free passes. :) <strong>It sucks because he gets SO MANY free passes, but we can't use them because he works all day every day. Ironic.</strong>  
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Haha, this reminds me of the site whitewhine.com.

I don't think I have anything.  Oh, except H stayed in Dallas last night on his way back from Pampa, so I got to see him.  =D
    Anniversary

• winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    My AW...we got a puppy!  Or least picked him out, we don't get to bring him home for another week-two weeks.  His 6 week birthday was yeserday, and he's sweet as can be.  He's a Golden Retriever, and I am SO EXCITED!!! 

Excuse the crappy pic, the owner couldn't seem to work my camera, and I couldn't get him to sit still by himself...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:a60a8d75-3ca8-43e8-8846-5a046840ce23">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]WR AW: I have gotten 2 out of the 5 bouquets completely re-wired this week... hurray! Also, I made my appointment with Becky Fowler (2 weeks from today!) and FI and I are registering tomorrow night. Hopefully we are also finally setting a ceremony time this weekend... not having that is stressing me out a bit! Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]YAY Kristan, you're rockin' right along! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:099bb825-7283-42ab-83c6-4465c63d1aae">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My AW...we got a puppy!  Or least picked him out, we don't get to bring him home for another week-two weeks.  His 6 week birthday was yeserday, and he's sweet as can be.  He's a Golden Retriever, and I am SO EXCITED!!!  Excuse the crappy pic, the owner couldn't seem to work my camera, and I couldn't get him to sit still by himself...
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! And you went with a BOY!!! How did you decide??? I'm so freaking excited for you. He's so adorable.

And yes, Amanda - My White People Problems are at an all-time high right now.
  • Kylie- Thanks, I am sure trying! And your puppy is sooooo cute :) Any ideas yet for names?
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My AW for the day is  FINALLY getting the FI side of the guest list addresses! It's been stressing me out for weeks now!!

NWR AW - Have made 2 high A's on two tests that I recently took!

Kylie,

What a cute little boy!! I am so excited for you to get him soon!

Kristan,

Congrats on getting bouquets done!! And starting to get a ceremony time finalized!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:099bb825-7283-42ab-83c6-4465c63d1aae">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My AW...we got a puppy!  Or least picked him out, we don't get to bring him home for another week-two weeks.  His 6 week birthday was yeserday, and he's sweet as can be.  He's a Golden Retriever, and I am SO EXCITED!!!  Excuse the crappy pic, the owner couldn't seem to work my camera, and I couldn't get him to sit still by himself...

OH EM GEE WHAT A CUTE LITTLE FAAAAAACE.  Want to hug!
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:b14ab8bc-7ed9-42a6-bd21-59dd98fc4127">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kylie- Thanks, I am sure trying! And your puppy is sooooo cute :) Any ideas yet for names?
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

Remington (Remy for short) so far. But I sent a whole email filled with additional names to Matt last night. It has to be an object vs. proper name and needs something tovdo with hunting or baseball, and our friend just named their pup Ranger, so that's out.

Carrie, I did a ton of research on male vs female, along with talking to people who have had dogs, and males (in general) seem to be the more mellow sex, less moody and less willing to act out. Plus, I got to choose from the whole liter, and he was my favorite one. And he's big!
  • One of our really good friends has a male golden and he is the sweetest, albeit clumsiest, creature I've ever met.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:0403a381-76af-463c-a068-ea2f7c983485">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : OH EM GEE WHAT A CUTE LITTLE FAAAAAACE.  Want to hug!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I know!!! I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait to get him! It actually all works out as our travel schedule starting tomorrow is crazy until late next week, so at least I know he's in a good place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:a9cbdf20-f326-4670-87dd-e27ee01a6420">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Remington (Remy for short) so far. But I sent a whole email filled with additional names to Matt last night. It has to be an object vs. proper name and needs something tovdo with hunting or baseball, and <strong>our friend just named their pup Ranger, so that's out.</strong> Carrie, I did a ton of research on male vs female, along with talking to people who have had dogs, and males (in general) seem to be the more mellow sex, less moody and less willing to act out. Plus, I got to choose from the whole liter, and he was my favorite one. And he's big!

<div>Do your friends' names happen to be Charles and Liz? Because I have friends who just got a puppy last week who named him Ranger too!</div>
  • Kylie-ADORABLE! I'm getting puppy fever...which is substantially better than having baby fever right now. lol. 

I don't have any AWs. 
    I have so much to do and so little motivation.
  • In Response to Re:AW Thursday:[QUOTE]My AW...we got a puppy!nbsp; Or least picked him out, we don't get to bring him home for another weektwo weeks.nbsp; His 6 week birthday was yeserday, and he's sweet as can be.nbsp; He's a Golden Retriever, and I am SO EXCITED!!!nbsp; Excuse the crappy pic, the owner couldn't seem to work my camera, and I couldn't get him to sit still by himself... Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

That is the cutest puppy!!! Golden retrievers are great dogs.

WR AW: My BMs picked their dresses and they are all so cute everyone has different styles and while I was there they told me my dress should be coming mid April!!!!! :

Now all I have left is invitations, florist/decor and honeymoon. Anyone interested in planning those for me?
  • My AW is that I have 9 DAYS!!! AHHH Single digits! I can't believe it! 

I'm just hoping to get everything done in time!  My parents and brother are coming in this Saturday, so for now I'm just focused on getting our house super clean and have pushed wedding items to the back burner. 

We still have a couple RSVP slackers to call and give our caterer our final number tomorrow.  It wouldn't be so bad if every person FI called he didn't talk to for 30 minutes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:d7ad14c8-e27d-4847-9181-a420f065bec3">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Do your friends' names happen to be Charles and Liz? Because I have friends who just got a puppy last week who named him Ranger too!
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm guessing that's an extremely popular name right now!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:8b4cf8a0-2ee3-45ac-a1e9-6e3a86ce549f">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : No, but I'm guessing that's an extremely popular name right now!!

<div>Apparently :) Another friend of mine got a puppy last year and named him Nolan Ryan.</div>
  • In Response to Re:AW Thursday:[QUOTE]My AW...we got a puppy!nbsp; Or least picked him out, we don't get to bring him home for another weektwo weeks.nbsp; His 6 week birthday was yeserday, and he's sweet as can be.nbsp; He's a Golden Retriever, and I am SO EXCITED!!!nbsp; Excuse the crappy pic, the owner couldn't seem to work my camera, and I couldn't get him to sit still by himself... Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
    Oh he's so cute.
    My AW is we are getting our new furniture today! Finally something I can nap on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh good, TK is eating threads again.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:a6848011-44f2-46fe-ba49-219cb562e254">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh good, TK is eating threads again.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Apparently so. Silly TK.</div>
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Now no one will have record of how smart and charming we all are.

EDIT: For Grammar. Clearly I am not so smart.
  • Hmm, says there are 20-something posts and I see.... 2!  Nice work, TK.

Hopefully my interwebz at home get fixed today! 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a20cd1dc-fbd2-49a1-8068-889e805fbc13Post:90895bb3-6c8d-4f65-9b6e-44d516094926">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]tk must be hungry. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

F'realz.  Whole threads on the Catholic board are gone.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards