Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

First let me apologize for my HUGE picture....I'm working on it

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Mine was nice, but today, my whole team has to work from home from 7-10am.  We are each "waiting" for a phone call to tell us a) If we are being moved to another division in the company b) If we get to stay in our current division (unlikely) or c) We are laid off with a severance. 

Sighhhhh....waiting sux!

Re: B&M Monday

• appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you get a good phone call Ash!

I was at school yesterday from 12-1045. Teching and doing load in for the dance concert this weekend. I am SO ready to not have to spend so much time at school even though I love it. I just need a break after living up there for the musical.

I wanted to sleep in this morning so bad.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently traveling and me don't work together because there was a huge traffic jam on I-20 in between Weatherford and Abiline and it took me 2 hrs to get through a section that normally takes 15 mins. I just have to remind myself that that is the last time that I will be driving to Lubbock by myself :)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad went back into the hospital on Friday.  Today they are doing a breathing treatment and tomorrow they will probably keep him for dialysis.  He was out for Thanksgiving but that was about it. 

The visit with the ILs could have gone better and could have gone worse.  Other than them insisting that we cook for them Friday night when I was still wading my way through Thanksgiving dishes, I'll take it.  We are spending three days--and three days only--with them after Christmas.  We are staying with them but we will have our own car.  That was what I negotiated with Bill. 

I love Bill and am about to drop money for his Kindle. 
  • edited December 2011
    The break wasn't long enough, but I guess they never are.

I'm filling in for our main receptionist today, and I've already been yelled at twice for not doing something I am not supposed to do.  :(

Also, FI leaves for Nashville for 5 days, and I am not looking forward to being alone all week.
  • edited December 2011
    I really should have taken this whole week off, not just Thursday and Friday.

Other than that I don't have much to B&M about.  Texas Tech game was pretty crappy but we won!!  Oh it did suck that it was a home game for Baylor so there was no alcohol sold.  FI was pretty sad about that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I hate that my parents are going back to Wyoming today.  I had the best weekend with them and I miss them already.

I didn't want to come into work today.  My 4 day weekend was great, but super busy.  I'm exhausted.

Ash, I hope you get a good phone call today!  My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
  • danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ice box in our apartment apparently has been out for a few days now. I turned it on the coldest it would go 3 days ago,and its STILL not cold! Funny thing is, our freezer is working just fine. Stephen called the maintenance people,and the manager of our apartment,and they didnt answer. WTH? He even called the emergency number,and guess what? No answer. What do I have to do around here to get somebody to come fix our fridge???Yell
  • edited December 2011
    Hope you get a good call Ash! 

I stood in line early Friday morning for the doorbuster, actually got a ticket so I could sit in my car for an hour and a half, only to find like 60 on the aisle when I went in at 5 am.  Oh well.
  • edited December 2011
    Tomorrow is the RSVP date and we still have about 120 people left to reply. What is going to suck the most is trying to explain that "Yes, we really need to know how many are coming.  We can't just assume."  We actually haven't received any since the last time I B&M'd about this last week.  I guess I should start looking up phone numbers in my down time just in case they don't respond by Saturday so we can call  Frown
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, 120 non-RSVPers?  That sucks.

Ash, I hope it's good news today.  Julie, so sorry to hear about your father.  *hugs*

I gained about 4 lbs. over the honeymoon/Thanksgiving.  I feel like I'm right back where I started when I started getting in shape for the wedding.  Back to square one.  Plus now that I've been out of the gym for close to 3 weeks, I'm finding it much harder to go back.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have too much to complain about.  I found out today that I am getting a supplemental bonus in 2 weeks to make up for our salary cuts from earlier this year.  So basically I am making the same amount this year as if we never had the cuts.  And I'm also eligible for an additional bonus if my review goes well and my manager thinks I deserve it. 

On the negative side, it's Monday and since I was off all last week, waking up before 9:00 really sucked.  Also, my family had to cancel their Thanksgiving since my uncle had the flu (he had his wife were hosting), so I didn't get to see any of my family.  Also, I saw David's family 3 days in a row last week and apparently that wasn't enough because they kept making comments about how we should come over more.  I'm sorry, but I have a life outside of you guys, and we had things we had to do. 
  • edited December 2011
    I really love ashdubcharles Stars garters, I'm going to have to make some myself!
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dropped two bottles of wine I had just bought in the parking lot last night. (No, I hadn 't started drinking them yet Wink)

Luckily it was cheap Sprouts wine, but still...:(
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We received a $25 gift card to Kroger from our boss last week. I went to Kroger's Thursday morning to get some stuff my mom needed and I lost the card in the store. Only to remember where I left it halfway to david's parents which we were already late to.

Where did I leave it?

On the top shelf where the cranberry sauce is because I had to climb up to get to the last row at the very back.

The only way I didn't feel too bad about that is thinking that the person that found it needed it more than I did. Hope it made their day.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it me, or did TK homepage change? I had to go to Yahoo and type in the knot community message boards to find the message boards page! lol.
  • untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today has been about as stressful and busy as I expected it to be, considering I was out of the office 3 days last week and of course the weekend.  ACK!!!  I'm already ready for another vacation.  I'm stressed as hell about a meeting on wednesday that I am now in charge of setting up and distributing materials and agendas for AND I have to take minutes during. 
  • edited December 2011
    I stayed up until almost 2am last night watching Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. I still can not stop laughing!!! I felt like the biggest dork because I did my friends math homework and I didn't have to look at the book to review. I got all excited for getting all the answers right. Gah what a loser! And I typed her paper since she pecks at the keyboard.

And the mailman did not pick up my ornament but took the rest of the outgoing mail. So now I have to drop it off at the post off and I feel bad that it didn't go out in the mail today. Embarassed
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ornament isn't going out today. Because I haven't bought it yet :p

I didn't check my email all weekend so I'm a little behind. I'm sure whoever gets it won't mind Wink
    edited December 2011
    Mandy,
    I know it will go well for you on Wednesday--take some deep breaths!!!!
  • ashdubcharlesashdubcharles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the sweet thoughts/wishes ladies!  Well, I did get moved over to another division, but I have a job.  And, my territory will probably be A LOT smaller, which is great. 

Oh, and thank you Commandz....I ordered those garters online...I can't remember who made them....a girl from Minnesota I believe.  My husband (and his buddies) LOVED them!

Everyone have a great eve.  Now, to get this pic to shrink.  Grrr.
  • edited December 2011
    I am super late, but Ashley, I am so glad you still have a job!!!!
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, Ashley, on keeping your job!  I know that's a big sigh of relief.

Shanda,
    Are you saying what I think you're saying with that ticker? Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ash, good to hear things worked out ok at work.
    My B&M is that I am one person, and as much as a wonder woman as I can try to be, I can't do everything people so stop trying to make me! Argh. There, now I feel better.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a40f0487-c896-49d4-b2c4-0eb33aed2d66Post:03ac2f5d-77e1-402b-9993-82e76941ebb9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ornament isn't going out today. Because I haven't bought it yet :p I didn't check my email all weekend so I'm a little behind. I'm sure whoever gets it won't mind
    Posted by appletango85[/QUOTE]

Apple, dont feel bad. My ornament isnt going out til later this week. I dont get paid til Friday. :(
  • edited December 2011
    My ornament is also not going out until later this week because I won't have a chance to go buy one until Wednesday after work.

Ash - so glad it worked out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards