Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

SA Wednesday

2»

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:1cc715d6-9b12-4b4d-8295-a084cea7c52c">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just spilled my face powder all over the carpet in my boss' office.  I haven't the foggiest idea how to clean it up.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Just rub it in really good with your foot.  Unless y'all have a vacuum.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:c0a67c11-dbf8-448e-a9b4-345ccdb1fc04">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Everyday TK has Natalie listed in the most recently active knotties.  At first I was tricked and believed she was posting - and was excited she was posting again.  I'm no longer tricked.  Stupid knot.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, Lacey. :). I'm hiding. No, I lurk, but rarely have time to post or respond because I'm always on my iPhone from the office. Buuuut.... My last day is Wednesday of next week so I will be able to join you ladies again more often :).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:1cc715d6-9b12-4b4d-8295-a084cea7c52c">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just spilled my face powder all over the carpet in my boss' office.  I haven't the foggiest idea how to clean it up.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Vacuum (if you have one) then blot it with a SLIGHTLY damp rag. If it is too wet it will just soak it into the carpet.</div><div>
    </div><div>I spilled bronzer all over our carpet last week. Yeah, no fun.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent 45 minutes reorganizing our guest room last night, stacking FI's Army bags that didn't make the trip (and his medic supplies) in one corner and my wedding stuff in the other. The closet in there is full of his clothes too. I'm ready to have a house to be able to store away more.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:e5ff7a61-8809-4f69-b892-1442645cedc2">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Vacuum (if you have one) then blot it with a SLIGHTLY damp rag. If it is too wet it will just soak it into the carpet. I spilled bronzer all over our carpet last week. Yeah, no fun.
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

I did a combination of rubbing/blotting with both dry and wet paper towels.  They will vacuum tonight too.  I just hope the carpet doesn't mildew.  Good thing he's out of town.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Btweety,
    Mother nature is a joker.  I think those commercials where she starts looking for the newlyweds is hilarious!

Angie,
    I'm having some issues with Christmas too.  While I love Christmas trees, I kind of wish we hadn't gotten one.  We're not done decorating it and I'll be gone tomorrow.

I have one more present to get and I've been putting it off because I have to go to the Apple Store for it.  Ugh.  Shoot me now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    House hunting is hard!!!

I picked out 5 houses I want to see.  Four of them are vacant bank foreclosures (that was not intentional, just happened to be how it worked out), but they look really nice.   Maybe we'll get a steal.

We'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:49955c1a-e6f3-49f6-b7e9-fb7f6385177c">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I love it!  Oh how I wish I had video of ours! My SA:  I think Kathy and Siavesh are going to have beautiful babies.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Awww, thanks Steph and Anna... :)
    You are too sweet.

ETA: It's currently a virtual beating to get on the knot from work, let alone actually posting anything. This blows.

Tiffany, good luck with the house hunt.. which parts of town are you guys looking?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:021d61b4-d2ee-4498-a73a-7bab927633df">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]House hunting is hard!!! I picked out 5 houses I want to see.  Four of them are vacant bank foreclosures (that was not intentional, just happened to be how it worked out), but they look really nice.   Maybe we'll get a steal. We'll see how it goes.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Tiffany,
    We're not even looking at a house but I agree.  I'm listening to everything that others are saying (building their own houses, trying to sell, find one big enough) and it makes me just want to stay in our house FOR.E.VER.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:021d61b4-d2ee-4498-a73a-7bab927633df">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]House hunting is hard!!! I picked out 5 houses I want to see.  Four of them are vacant bank foreclosures (that was not intentional, just happened to be how it worked out), but they look really nice.   Maybe we'll get a steal. We'll see how it goes.

<div>Good Luck!  We've started to look but are waiting until after the wedding to get serious about it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am happy to know that the online form for guest relations for Red Lobster actually works.  They acknowledged my issue, will be sending a gift card and called the location to discuss my complaint.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:021d61b4-d2ee-4498-a73a-7bab927633df">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:

Some of the foreclosures ARE nice.  We looked at one and it was perfect (minus the yard, or lack of one).  DH didn't like it so we passed.  Anyways, all you ever hear about is how horrible they are (and I've seen some you couldn't pay me to buy) and that's not always the case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:9050dc9c-e491-45ed-8677-816909964188">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Hahahah, Lacey. :). I'm hiding. No, I lurk, but rarely have time to post or respond because I'm always on my iPhone from the office. Buuuut.... My last day is Wednesday of next week so I will be able to join you ladies again more often :).
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

She does exist!! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a4aee10b-3529-425b-9453-8b3df1a1e32dPost:2dd3849d-3b7c-4290-b4c6-bc7984760dfa">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Tiffany, We're not even looking at a house but I agree.  I'm listening to everything that others are saying (building their own houses, trying to sell, find one big enough) and it makes me just want to stay in our house FOR.E.VER.  Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

True dat.  I would hate to be a seller right now.  A house we looked at was immaculate, well maintained, etc.  It was one of the nicer houses we looked at.  It went on the market in July-ish and it's still on the market :(  But houses with the Master BR upstairs do not fair well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathy - we are looking primarily in Carrollton but one part of the Colony we kinda like too.

Shortgirl -  Yeah, the regular bank forclosures I've seen are really pretty nice.   It is the HUD houses that make me want to barf.

I may have mentioned it before, but DH is adamantly against a 2 story... so it severly limits the search.  His ONLY 2 requirements are a decent size backyard and one story... both of which completely contradict one another.     I've ruled out 2 houses that I'm completely in love with because they may as well not even have a back yard... no bigger than a very small garden.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany.... I'm going to chime in on the house-hunt wagon.  Our house was a bank foreclosure, and we got it for about 30k less than it was worth.  It's really nice, and had been completely redone either by a previous owner or the bank, we have no idea.  However, dealing with the bank was a NIGHTMARE.  We found the house Memorial Day Weekend last year, and immediately put in an offer... and didn't close until mid-August because the bank was such a pain to work with.  They kept bumping our closing dates for this or that, and dragged their feet on required repairs, and it brought me to tears MANY times.  After each hurdle though, I just kept asking myself, do I love this house enough to jump through THIS hoop?  And the answer was always yes, so we kept trying... and we LOVE our home.  Sorry that was kinda long, but my point is, dealing with banks will be a PITA, but can be SO worth it.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Angie.  Yeah, I've been hearing about those kind of hassles and I know I'd be upset too.   It's great that you got such a good deal though, and I'm sure it is worth the wait now!

The good thing for us kind of is that my Mom is our real estate agent AND we are renting our townhouse from my parents... so we are flexible on closing dates and leases and all of that good stuff.   At least some of the pressure is off in that area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies,
    I hope you all have a nice holiday with your family and friends! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just received the strangest "merry Christmas" e-mail on my work e-mail, from a family I don't know, with their daughters slutted out, and Bible quotes below.

UM....
    Sure.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh geeze...foreclosures are the biggest PITA to deal with. I'm constantly getting phone calls all day about those damn things. I work in a mortgage law firm...and you're 100% angie...it's the bank's deal. They really have no "incentive" to close on your place as fast as others...i'm still dealing with a file from FEBRUARY! like are you freaking serious?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! When it rains, it pours. I just don't get it.  My SA is a rant...

I don't like wasting my time at all. I mean really who does? I sat through a 2 hour consultation for floral and catering last Wednesday. I didn't appreciate the vendor being 10 minutes late. The entire time we were talking she paused every 15 minutes to get up and do something or listen to someone else's conversartions.  At the end of the meeting I asked for her to give me a price and she said she let me know and that I should call her either Monday or Tuesday. I'm sorry, but shouldn't you call me? I called her on Tuesday to see what her prices were and she informs me that the store calls were being forwarded to her cell phone then she said she would call me within the hour...That was yesterday at 1 in the afternoon.

I don't get it she came highly reccomended from 2 different brides ( not knotties) that I've known for years.

Then, my bridesmaid...oh how I don't understand how these things happen. Is it just me or has there been alot of BM drama lately!! This particular BM and I were BFF's in college. We are/were so close(thought), but I graduated and she transfered. I had her originally wanted her to be a MOH ( I wanted 2 moh), but I decided against it because she was going out of state for school and I thought it would be too much for her. I asked her to be a BM and she was thrilled. So last night we had dinner, went to a movie and then got froyo. I hadn't seen her since August, but we've talked about once a week. While we are eating froyo I start talking about thewedding when she asked me what date the wedding was....ummm what?. She then informs me that she is planning on going to Europe of somewhere in the states for the summer. Nothing is official but she might not be able to be in the wedding....I just sat there. I mean what do you say? The fact the we've been talking the entire night and she just now brings it up?!?! I'm not angry, but just sad and disappointed. She said she let me know, but what does that mean!

Then, I picked up my heart box from Time to Kiln. I paid extra to have the names written on it pretty.The ENTIRE store has cute and pretty handwritting on all of the products. I'm pretty sure the children's party were the one's who wrote our names on it. They smudge it and it looks horrible. I could of done a better job. I didn't know what to say or how to handle it because to be honest I didn't have the time nor did I want to drive an hour and a half to pick it back up if they redid it. It just irritated me.

---end rant
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Courtney.... I am really sorry....
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Aww thanks giselle :) On a happier note...:) We need to do another G2G!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards