Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

ballroom dancing

did anyone take lessons? FI CANNOT dance and we need lessons. any suggestions for reasonably priced places to go? I live in the Irving area, but would be willing to go where ever!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ballroom dancing

• Options
    MissSpreeMissSpree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are a couple of groupons for some dance lessons at a good price

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu4449477
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know when I was looking into it, alot of people recommended Vow to Dance.  I think it's kind of expensive though.

http://www.vowtodance.com/

• Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes! i saw the groupon this morning and that's why i remembered that we need to set something up. 

i never realized how expensive these places were. thanks for the suggestion stephie-- but you're right, it's pretty expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are planning to take ballroom dance classes -- in our case, it's me that can't dance -- through Lockheed Martin Rec Association (lmra.org). We are members because I have family that works for LH. The class is only $14 for members. It looks like the dance classes are through TimeToDance and they're open to the public (non-members have to buy a $40 yearly membership in addition to that $14 for the class). I'm not sure if it makes it out of your price range and, since it's in Fort Worth, out of your driving range. But in case you want to check it out - Here's a link to TimeToDance's site
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I took lessons and it worked out great.  Kendra Wlson came to our house and taught us in our living room.  We just pushed our couches out of the way and danced in our living room.  It was nice to do it in private instead of a dance studio with a bunch of other people and we could stop and restart and go at our own pace.  Kendra is super cool and sweet too.

She is a former Arthur Murray instructor and is very qualified.

dynamicdance@hotmail.com
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you! i'll definitely be contacting her
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards