Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

New-Stonegate Mansion

Hi all! New to the boards, just got engaged in January. I couldn't find a recent post on this, so I was wondering if anyone has used or is planning on using Stonegate Mansion in Fort Worth for their wedding? I'd really love to know what you think about it!

Re: New-Stonegate Mansion

• Options

Welcome! I went to see if I could find any Knottie reviews on it but I didn't have any.  It's very pretty.  The reviews online are mostly good--it got a 4 out of 5 on Wedding Wire.  I did see complaints of extra/hidden charges (such as a charge for the dance floor) so I would be sure to discuss their charges thoroughly if you meet with them. Not sure if it is the most cost-effective option out there from what I read.

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I worry about. I'm torn, because FI and I really like the idea of using Los Vaqueros: both our families love Mexican food, and with the exception of the alcohol cost (since you have to go through them, and restaurants WAY upcharge), it's relatively cost effictive.

On the other hand, my dad, who's a restaurant GM, might be able to score all the drinks for free, just from various connections through his restaurants suppliers. I want to find a venue cheap enough to be worth it, most actual venues are anywhere from 1500-2000,  more than I'd prefer to spend.

Are there any good diy places around fort worth? Even if it's just a field with some trees, where I could set up picnic tables and lights.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't think Stonegate allows you to use your own caterer or BYOB so if you are looking for that option, it's probably not the one.

809 Vickery comes to mind.  I am not sure any place will beat a restaurant though.  The thing about DIY places is that you have to bring in alot of stuff that a restaurant already provides for you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-stonegate-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a767add3-ee44-4328-9f69-4df25275c4cePost:7d1441e7-58f8-4159-ba24-525fdd07a1da">Re: New-Stonegate Mansion</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, that's what I worry about. I'm torn, because FI and I really like the idea of using Los Vaqueros: both our families love Mexican food, and with the exception of the alcohol cost (since you have to go through them, and restaurants WAY upcharge), it's relatively cost effictive. On the other hand, my dad, who's a restaurant GM, might be able to score all the drinks for free, just from various connections through his restaurants suppliers. I want to find a venue cheap enough to be worth it, most actual venues are anywhere from 1500-2000,  more than I'd prefer to spend. <strong>Are there any good diy places around fort worth?</strong> Even if it's just a field with some trees, where I could set up picnic tables and lights.
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]
    YWCA. <div>I'm not sure how many people it will hold but it could be an option for you.</div>
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I had my RD at 809 at Vickery. It seats around 125-200 and they charged $2200 for the venue/tables/chairs in 2010, when I booked for my April 2011 wedding. They also have an outdoor area. My MIL had Pappasito's cater, brought in an assortment of bottled beer from Costco, and rented a margarita machine. It was awesome (and the venue is beautiful).

I had my wedding reception at YWCA in downtown FW. It seats 175 (140 if you want room for a dance floor) and cost $2500 in 2010. We had Reata cater for about $22 pp, had a liquor distributor supply all kinds of alcohol and beer for a tiny fraction of the cost of what it would have been at a restaurant. No kegs/margarita machines are allowed at this venue.

I also looked at Fort Worth Community Arts Center and Artspace 111. FWCAC is indoor-only I believe, but Artspace 111 was primarily an outdoor venue. I know I've seen gorgeous pics of people's receptions there. And both were very low-priced (even lower than the venues I ended up booking, although I can't recall their quotes offhand). If you google Artspace 111 and wedding, you'll get a bunch of photography blogs with gorgeous pics.

Friends also rented out Times Ten Cellar in Fort Worth, which lets you bring in your own food; you just have to serve their wine. Their rental charge was ridiculously low when I was looking (I think around $1k). I'm sure they've raised their prices by now because that's such a good deal.
  • Options
    Los Vaqueros is prob going to be your cheapest option. You have to factor in things like table linens too when you are looking at something Like 809 that supplies tables and chairs, but no linens :) I have been planning a wedding for a friend and we looked into both of those options. 
  • Options
    Yeah, FI really like Los Vaqueros too, and you can do the food for around 10-13/person, plus a 2.50 beverage charge for those that want soft drinks, and that's so much cheaper than a lot of caterers. Other than that, I don't think I'd need much more except some decorations, the alcohol and the cake reception-wise. (Until several of you point out several things I'm probably missing)

Thanks for the advice though, it's nice to have somewhere to talk to when FI gets tired of wedding talk.
  • Options
    There's also the BRIT in FW (http://www.brit.org/) Last I check they let you  bring in your own catering as well.
  • Options
    Yeah, we went to look at Stonegate, and while it was really beatiful, decided it was going to be wayy to costly for us. It would end up being way more than even that 1500-2000 range, just because they require you to use them for EVERYTHING as they are a full service rental company. (That means not only catering and alcohol but also linens and dishes/silverware, etc.)

If you want completely DIY and cheap, have you considered a community park? There's the Fort Worth Water Gardens, and Veterans Park in Arlington...both are pretty options (and only a few hundred dollars to reserve), but I agree with PP that a restaurant sounds like a really affordable option...especially with all of your connections.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lynn-Michelle-Does the BRIT do a lot of weddings? I can't find very much on the site about it.
  • Options
    SEReeves09SEReeves09 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-stonegate-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a767add3-ee44-4328-9f69-4df25275c4cePost:24188878-04b7-4984-b799-815776698244">Re: New-Stonegate Mansion</a>:<div>[QUOTE]I don't think Stonegate allows you to use your own caterer or BYOB so if you are looking for that option, it's probably not the one. 809 Vickery comes to mind.  I am not sure any place will beat a restaurant though.  The thing about DIY places is that you have to bring in alot of stuff that a restaurant already provides for you.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Stonegate Mansion allows you to bring in any outside caterer. They work with your caterer to make sure everything is setup nicely and runs smoothly. We just got married there in November and we were allowed to bring in anyone we wanted. They have preferred vendors but you are not limited to that list. They mentioned that they have even had friends of brides who are caterers that they have allowed to come in. If you are interested in having Los Vaqueros cater your meal at  Stonegate, I think I remember that restaurant being a preferred vendor!! Stonegate will provide plates, silverware, charges, etc. regardless of who you choose.</div><div>
    </div><div>Regarding alcohol, event venues like Stonegate are required to serve their alcohol due to TABC laws. This is very common in many event venues in DFW area.</div><div>
    </div><div>I hope this helps!

</div></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards