Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Berrett Photography??

Anyone have experience wtih Berrett Photography? Other than her website, I haven't been able to find anything online. The photos on her site look nice, though, an the price is definitely right. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience.

Thanks!!
March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Berrett Photography??

• Options
    elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, now that I'm looking at her Facebook I think she's actually based in Amarillo. That may be why I'm not finding anything on the Dallas boards!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are nice.  But for that price point I can't help but recommend Six Fourteen--they are my very favorite.  :)  Also Karen Scruggs who did Sarah's (sparklingdiamond) photography--probably some of the best photos I've seen in a lower price point.

Just some other recs for you.  ;)

ETA:  Well, Six Fourteen may have gone up for 2012, sorry.  But still may be worth a phone call.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Six Fourteen is my first choice but the quote he gave me is almost $1,000 more than Berrett, which is why I was looking at her. We're still kind of struggling with whether we want to up our budget to accomodate Six Fourteen of stick with something less expensive. I don't think I"ve looked at Karen Scruggs, though, so I'll check her out now. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I didn't see at first that his 2012 pricing is different.  I understand where you are coming from but speaking as someone who has already had their wedding and spent quite a bit on photography, I don't regret it for one second.  I think Colton would be worth every penny. 

It does look like Berrett travels though.  Dallas probably gives her more business than Lubbock!

ETA:  Here is a post with some of Sarah's sneaks.
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_aw-wedding-sneak-peeks
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colton was worth EVERY PENNY!
     :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!! That's kind of what we're leaning toward, we just need to make a final decision on how much we can afford. It's nice to know that you were happy with your photos!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to steer you away from a photographer that's new, because I have yet to meet anyone on TK who is using mine, but I have to agree with PP that photos are just one of the things you have to splurge on!  Those are your memories for.ev.er and I would hate for you to scrimp on it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's exactly what I was talking to my Mom about earlier. I told her my biggest concern is that you can't ever get it back so if we don't like the photos then that's just it. We're already spending more than we originally planned on the venue, though, so we can't start spurging on everything!! I definitely appreciate the advice. You gys are really confirming everything we've been talking about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_berrett-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a7cc1950-dc35-4363-8f38-2ed0b8a7193fPost:41dde2d0-ee7a-444a-b2a6-89dec41731ae">Re: Berrett Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I hate to steer you away from a photographer that's new,</strong> because I have yet to meet anyone on TK who is using mine, but I have to agree with PP that photos are just one of the things you have to splurge on!  Those are your memories for.ev.er and I would hate for you to scrimp on it.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I know, I feel the same way -- because I remember when Colton was new!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_berrett-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a7cc1950-dc35-4363-8f38-2ed0b8a7193fPost:d191c68a-e925-4044-b292-9dad67fbc975">Re: Berrett Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Colton was worth EVERY PENNY!  :)
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]
    ditto! my favorite vendor by far!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Berrett Photographer my only be less expensive, because they do photography in Amarillo and Lubbock.  If they were based in Dallas, they may actually charge more.  The whole cost of living, big city vs. little city thing.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's what I figured. They're actually charging less for DFW wedding packages than Amarillo/Lubbock so I think they're also trying to break in to the market here. I talked to Colton and he said his availablity is limited on Fridays, which is when we're doing our wedding, so it looks like we're probably going to be meeting with Berrett anyway! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Out of curiosity what is your budget? I do love my photographer and she is still breaking into the business, so to speak, so she still may be on the lower pricing tiers. I went with her because she fit within my budget - I didn't put a priority on fitting photography into my budget AT ALL til I started seeing some of the other girls photos and thinking about it more but I couldn't spend a lot on it cause I made my venue my priority. Stephanie has been wonderful to work with.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have a hard number, we're just trying to go with as cheap as possible while still choosing someone that we think we'll be happy with. We're paying more than we planned for the venue so we need to cut something down!

Berrett Photography quoted me about $2,000 for 6 hours of wedding day coverage, online galllery, engagement session, DVD with printing rights and 5 "gift portraits" (not really sure what size or anything). If we book with her by late next week then she will add on a bridal session for free, otherwise it will be an extra.

Colton at SixFourteen quoted me about $3,000 for the same stuff, minus the 5 prints. 

What's your photographer's last name? I think I looked at a Stephanie but can't remember.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephanie Brazzle is her name.

Sounds like Berrett has a lot to offer with their packages, and that free Bridal session is awesome. Mine included some print credits, DVD with high res photos and an e-session plus the online gallery.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards