Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Florist??

I might be trying to tackle this one a little early (wedding is set for May 7 of next year), but I have absolutely no idea what to do about a florist! I know I don't really want floral decorations for the centerpieces or the ceremony, just bouquets and boutonnières. I don't really have an idea for how much its going to cost so I just picked a random number for my budget. Is $150 going to be enough for a bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsman and the groom?? I'd like hydrangeas, but my flower knowledge is limited. 

Any ideas for a good florist? Is this enough budgeted or will I need more? Am I just worrying about this too far in advance? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bio!
Blog
my to-read shelf:
Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: Florist??

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, no, most likely JUST your bouquet will be $150.  My florist would have charged around $475 for what you mention.

There are definitely cheaper ways to go though.  Alot of girls on here like Market Street.  That being said, you're definitely looking at a higher number.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think $150 would be doable if you did all the flowers yourself.  But it may be difficult to find someone to do it for that little.  You might check Central Market.  My bridal bouquet was done by Central Market.  It had hydrangeas and roses and was $100.  My mom and Aunts did all the BM bouquets and bouts themselves with flowers they bought from Sam's, Tom Thumb, and Kroger.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your definitely going to need more depending on what kind of flowers you use.  Also consider that you might want to have corsages for Mother's, Grandmother's, bouts for Fathers and/or ushers. 

You can get some great deals at Market Street and/or Central Market. They have some really beautiful work.  I would check there first.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are also getting married on Mother's Day weekend which is another consideration.  I would probably start on your floral needs earlier rather than later, especially if you are going to use someone like Central Market and not a more traditional wedding florist.
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from market street and my boutque of hydrangeas and roses was $50- than I order roses from costco and did all the centerpieces myself for $150
  • Options
    Audrey&AustinAudrey&Austin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the help. I really had absolutely no idea what flowers really cost. I'm fine with making the bouquets and boutonnières myself, but I know a florist is easier. I do have extra room in the budget since everything we've decided on so far has been under budget, leaving us at least $3k extra for expenses we haven't planned properly for, like flowers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It might be possible, I used a florist that works out of her home Thuy Nguyen-Paulo 469-321-1057. She charged me $200 for the following:

1 bridal bouquet  Medium sized hand-tied bouquet; ivory/white lilies                                   
    -6 bridesmaid Bouquets  with 2-3 blooms; light pink hand-tied lilies
    -1 groom’s bout.  with freesia                   
    -12 boutonnieres   with light pink alstroemeria lilies                       
    -2 Mothers corsages  with light pink alstroemeria lilies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    depends on the sizes you are wanting, but i'd start now with getting the quotes, so at least for your budget you can know. and price the flowers for DIY. my total flowers were $360 (i have roses), but the quotes i got were very different. one was  $100 more than this. i'm using twigs in mansfield.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Market Street in Allen. I got this for $119.00:

1 bridal bouquet with 6 white roses and three white hyd.
    3 bridemaids bouquets with one large green hyd.
    7 centerpieces with 1 large green hyd. and 3 white roses per centerpiece.
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My flowers were $450...

1- Bridal bouquet with hydrangea and Callas
    3- BM bouquets with hydrangea and roses
    8- bouts
    3- moms clutches
    12 roses for centerpieces
    rose petals for tossing

and I think that was it....
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Market Street--I had a wonderful experience.  Just like Stephie said, though, you are getting married on Mother's Day weekend and that could make it a little harder to find someone.  I suggest not waiting because you don't want to wait too long and possibly get shut out of a florist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to what the others have said.  Shop around, get quotes and use them to negotiate.  Good luck.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am suddenly feeling really guilty about what I'm spending on flowers.  Doh.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Donna me too--I feel like I totally should have shopped around more!  Oh well, live and learn.

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donna and Stephie-I have felt the same way about other purchases. I got a great deal on flowers but way overpaid for my dress! I bought at Alfred Angelo for regular price....then discovered I could get designer dresses for the same price I paid :( but like you said I still love my dress even though I was a little disappointed and you live and learn :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards