Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Music question... Opinions please

During our first date we watched the Sandlot. It's a special movie for us. I just came up with the idea to use "This Magic Moment" at some point in our ceremony (maybe on piano during kiss) or reception. Suggestions on when would be appreciated. Or is this silly?

Re: Music question... Opinions please

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's silly at all- I think it represents a special part of your relationship, and if you want to incorporate it that is awesome :)

As for when to use it... that is a really good question. I'm guessing you already have a first dance song picked out... otherwise that would be really cute.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Not silly at all, its special. The day is about the two of you, so you need to what is meaningful to you as a couple.  I think it would be cute to play after they introduce you for the first time as Mr and Mrs. Or when you are introduced into your reception
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What about when you are coming down the isle? Your FI sees you the first time (unless you are doing before shots)...a moment he won't forget I bet.
  • edited December 2011

I dont think its silly at all, we used very personal music for everything and it makes it much more personal.  We used music from Grease and some Beatles our ceremony.

• edited December 2011
    That was our first dance song! :)

Not silly, at all.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  I think using it at any of the times the PP have suggested would be lovely.
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the opinions everyone! We do already have a first dance song. I just thought of using this last night as a "surprise" to my fiance (he'll realize what it's from the start). Maybe I'll use it for when we get introduced as Mr. and Mrs. or when we enter the reception- those seem great ideas. 

Which is better: 1) Being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. with song played on piano or 2) Reception entrance song with it actually being the song by the Drifters? Thanks for the help!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Introduced for the reception with the version by the Drifters.  I love it!

Another time you could use it would be the private last dance if you're doing one.  I surprised Ben with a song from his favorite band for ours.  That way you could dance to the whole song.
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh I LOVE it!  I liked the idea of using it for the first kiss... bc isn't it when Squits kisses Wendy while she's trying to give him MTM? LOL 

I have never heard the version by the Drifters so I can't give an informed decision on that one! 

We also love sandlot.  I am always quoting that movie...especially here in TX, I'm always saying that I'm "baking like a toasted cheeser" haha
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TCUHeatherTCUHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exit song!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards