Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Something borrowed?

I know this isn't a big deal, but I just realized I have the something blue, new & old, but not borrowed.  Did you do the blue/borrowed/new/old thing?  If so, what did you do for the borrowed?  I can't think of anything sentimental..my "old" is FI's grandmother's locket w/ a picture of his dad & my grandpa.  It'll be wrapped around my bouquet, but I'm having it all preserved so we're keeping the locket.  I'm stuck. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Something borrowed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My "old" was also my "borrowed" and it sounds like you could do the same thing. 

Mine was the pearl necklace I wore.   They were my neighbor "Mom's"... i.e. my Maid of Honor's Mom who we lived nextdoor to for the first 17 years of our lives.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I borrowed a handkerchief from Ben's grandmother and carried it with my bouquet.  I promptly lost it after the ceremony.  Good thing it wasn't sentimental or anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I might be over thinking it.  I was considering the locket as just the "old" since we are not giving it back. 

I hadn't thought of a handkerchief..that would be good one especially since my eyes turn into a fountain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My "borrowed" were a pair of pearl and diamond earrings of my mother's that she let me wear for the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephie - I just thought I'd share since you gave me the idea for the handkerchief..I called my grandma last night on my way home from work & talked to her about using one of my late gpa's hankies.  She has one that she used for her baptism about 3 years ago & offered it to me.  It's perfect!  I'm getting teary already so I'm sure it'll be useful then, too.  :)  Now I just have to make sure I hand it back after the ceremony is over or I will lose it for sure. 

Anyway, thank you so much for mentioning that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, glad I could help!  Yes, I HATED that I lost it but it ended up being no big deal.  But there is SOOO much going on right afterwards so make sure to give it to a designated person so that she gets it back.  If it had been my something old, I would have been heartbroken.

When I was married the first time, I carried my great-grandmother's handkerchief.  I wanted to carry that same one this time too, but I found out she had been buried with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards