Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Leno/Conan/Letterman

Where do you stand on the whole thing?

I don't necessarily think that Leno is to blame but I love Conan's comments.  I still think that NBC was wrong to promise the Tonight Show to Letterman all those years ago and then hand it to Jay.

Re: Leno/Conan/Letterman

• Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pro-Conan.  Was it sucky that NBC didn't give the show to Letterman?  Maybe.  But honestly he's doing fine at CBS and he's probably avoided a lot of drama by not being at NBC.  I feel bad for Conan because the Tonight Show was supposed to be his after Leno retired and that's been the plan for years.  Now they realize they made a mistake by putting Leno at 9:00 and Conan is the one that is paying the price.  They should've just gotten rid of Leno altogether since he was planning on retiring, and let Conan stay at 10:30. 

I personally will follow Conan to whatever network or time he ends up at.  I've always liked him the best out of the 3.  I don't think NBC will ever recover their original viewing numbers even if they put Leno back in the same spot he was previously in. 

P.S. I hate Jimmy Fallon.  He is not funny.  Period. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Funny, I used to watch Conan until he moved to the Tonight Show.  I watch Letterman, so when he moved there was a time conflict.  However, I started watching Conan again when all the drama was happening.  I really like Conan - I just like Letterman more.  I have never liked Leno. 

My opinion - I think Conan was right to not move his show to a different time - it would have negatively impacted the whole after 10 lineup.  I think Conan should go to Fox.  Do I blame Leno - yeah, a little.  He should just retire like he initally planned.  Who do I really think is at fault here?  NBC.

And I'm with steph on the whole Jimmy Fallon thing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_lenoconanletterman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b5e2430c-d70a-4d86-8e06-c8e572fba33dPost:dcf1f2be-1385-4eac-8696-c9484964c09d">Re: Leno/Conan/Letterman</a>:
    [QUOTE]P.S. I hate Jimmy Fallon.  He is not funny.  Period. 
    Posted by steph13055[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree.

Honestly, I really have been trying to figure out what's going on with this whole thing. I know I could google it, but is anyone able to explain in a condensed version what's up?
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I might be the only person who doesn't like any of them. 

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allison,
    NBC decided to cancel Leno's 9 PM nightly show due to poor ratings (affiliates were threatening to not carry the show).  NBC said that they would push the Tonight Show (Conan's show) back half an hour along with Jimmy Falon's show.  Conan said no thank you and now got a big fat severance for himself and his employees.  Leno is taking back over the Tonight Show.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Conan. I have for like 15 years. I haven't really watched him in a long time, though. I'm a sporadic viewer.

And it's funny, I loved Jimmy Fallon on SNL. I thought he was cute and hilarious. It's disappointing to me that his show is so bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to say a big NO KIDDING to the Jimmy Fallon thing.  I like the guy, but his show sucks!

Like last night for example... why were we subjected to watching them play a full game of Charades on the air??? 
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank Julie.

TJ and I really like Conan. I know he's sad that the show's getting cancelled. We usually watch Leno too but sometimes I don't like his humor.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem.

Last night I was able to watch Conan's show for the first time ever--when you have to be up before 6 AM every morning it makes it a little difficult to watch.  However, Conan was great last night and I can't wait to see what he comes up with wherever he goes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally I've never really watched any of them but when I heard about the 1.5 milliion dollar bit that Conan pulled on Wednesday, I HAD to watch.  I think it is hilarious that he is actually hitting back at NBC while still on their network.  NBC has really blown this into their biggest nightmare and Leno shouldn't have agreed to come back if he wanted to retire, it's just rude to Conan and I think if he goes to FOX (or anywhere else) that he'll be the real winner out of this because he'll end up with more viewers who just started watching during the drama (like me!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved the final show. I thought he was very gracious, and I loved the line "If you work hard and are kind, amazing things will happen."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards