Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

HELP!

I got a gift card to Sephora for Christmas...I am clueless when it comes to makeup (I usually don't wear any at all)

What brands should I look for, what is a good buy there, do they have good mascra, eyshadow, etc?

Please help...I am unsure of what to get  :)

Re: HELP!

• Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Honestly - the staff there is usually amazing and can provide great suggestions.

Overall - I like their store brand, also Make-Up Forever is great... and lots others!  They do carry some of the department store brands, too (Clinique, etc)
    I swear by their make-up remover wipes ("Face" by Sephora)
    They also carry a billion types of perfumes and skin care products (if you don't want to go the make-up route)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a skin care routine? I love Clinique's 3 step. I get the liquid soap and moisturizing gel (instead of the lotion, that made me greasy). They should be able to help you figure out what level you are.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have so much more other than just makeup.  They have perfume, skin care, nail care, make up and all kinds of other things.  Their website has sooo much and can be overwhelming if you dont know what you want.  I would try to narrow it down to at least the general section you want to spend it on such as new skin care or some new eyes shadow then just go in and ask for help.  They are great there and will be lots of help.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I'm jealous, I really need some new good makeup brushes! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nars Orgasm blush is a must! As far as mascara, I am obsessed with the DiorShow Mascara. For eye shadow, I am a MAC girl, I think they have the best pigments for shadow.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, I am jealous too!  I need a makeup overhaul really bad.  But If it were me, I'd probably spend it all on skincare and body stuff!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in love with Kat Von D eye shadows... They currently have her adora palette in the sale section and on all items in the sale section you can get extra 20% off if you enter EXTRA check out.

I'm also in love with philosphy lipgloss. My favorite is Blackberry. It smells amazing :)

You should join their beauty insider club. You get free products on your birthday and deluxe samples when you spend a certain amount.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would spend it all on Philosophy skin care! Love!
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well of course I already went to the store before anybody had replied haha :)

I ended up getting Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara by Tarte and about 6 eyeshadows and eye primer from Lorac :)

I have ALWAYS bought what little makeup I did use from WalMart or Target but my confession...I AM HOOKED!! My gift card was only $50 and I seriously felt like I was being tortured because I wanted to buy WAAAYYY more than $50 worth hahaha :)

Thanks for all of your suggestions though ladies...I will keep them in mind when I go back (Im sure I will be heading back soon hehe)
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Urban Decay is great too. Their primer potion for the eyes is amazing!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I've forgot about LORAC, I  bought LORAC baked eyeshadow trio in Starlet last week and love it! . Have you used the eye primer yet? yay or nay?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how that mascara works out! I need a new one, and I don't like the Clinique mascaras.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MLandCJ & TexanTreasure08 - I haven't used either product yet...but I will let y'all know after sometime this week how it is. From the mini trial I did on myself at Sephora I really liked both products.

Btweety - I was going to get Urban Decay but the girl there said LORAC Primer was better than that and Too Faced Insurance...and for the size of the bottle it was cheaper to get LORAC as well :)
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_help-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b6153b1b-a6b3-4bad-8f0f-6817822ba025Post:8ccf8105-e8fe-44d1-8ef2-41191d17cf29">Re: HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me know how that mascara works out! I need a new one, and I don't like the Clinique mascaras.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

My favorite mascara is Almay.  I don't use waterproof because it is so hard to get off, but the regular stuff only runs if I cry a LOT, or in the shower. But it is not hard to remove with a little cedaphil cleanser. They have an awesome brush, easy to apply, makes your lashes look longer AND fuller.  LOVE IT!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Benefit has amazing makeup. Their creaseless eyeshadow really works! Their foundation is amazing and gives you a fresh look like your not even wearing any but covers any flaws. There are better mascaras and lipglosses out there but nothing can beat their foundation and eyeshadow. The blushes they offer are pretty good too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards