Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

XP: Married in Texas, Reside in AR...License?

My FI took a job in Little Rock AR. I am hopping around the US for the next year or so for work before I get down to planning our wedding in Azle, TX.
How do the logistics work with the marriage License? Anyone had issues with this? Completely didn't occur to me until now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: XP: Married in Texas, Reside in AR...License?

• You get a license where you are married, as far as I know.  Your marriage status doesn't change across state lines.
    Anniversary

• DH and I live in Chicago and got married in Texas. We got our marriage license in Texas. I think the only hitch is that you both need to be there to pick up the license at least 3 days (but not more than a month) before the ceremony. Double check though  and/or maybe someone else can confirm or correct that for me. We both still had Texas DL's at the time, but I don't think that made a difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_xp-married-in-texas-reside-in-arlicense?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b7c624bc-9340-454d-9e8d-00e5a358cb09Post:7b414988-6181-443e-af47-fa3d16f76363">Re: XP: Married in Texas, Reside in AR...License?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I live in Chicago and got married in Texas. We got our marriage license in Texas. I think the only hitch is that you both need to be there to pick up the license at least 3 days (but not more than a month) before the ceremony. Double check though  and/or maybe someone else can confirm or correct that for me. We both still had Texas DL's at the time, but I don't think that made a difference.
    Posted by nickandmerritt[/QUOTE]

Yes, Merritt, you are correct.  You can also get it in any county within the state and use it in another county.  Say, get your license in Dallas and get married in Tarrant.  Also, cash only.  They will not take a credit card or a check. 
  • Ok, so there won't be any raised eyebrows when we both produce AR driver's licenses?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am also trying to figure out the marriage license details! Live in Balto/DC and getting married in DFW. I have TX license fiance has MD. We are planning to book our flights Tuesday eve for a Saturday wedding to give us ample time...plus I think there will be plenty of other things to keep us busy if we arrive early. I've also heard rumors that you can get exceptions but I have no idea how to go about doing that...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_xp-married-in-texas-reside-in-arlicense?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b7c624bc-9340-454d-9e8d-00e5a358cb09Post:d1e29565-c133-4229-a48c-6509d8bc4508">Re: XP: Married in Texas, Reside in AR...License?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also trying to figure out the marriage license details! Live in Balto/DC and getting married in DFW. I have TX license fiance has MD. We are planning to book our flights Tuesday eve for a Saturday wedding to give us ample time...plus I think there will be plenty of other things to keep us busy if we arrive early. I've also heard rumors that you can get exceptions but I have no idea how to go about doing that...
    Posted by als0822[/QUOTE]

Exceptions might possibly be military but I'm not even sure about that. 

I don't think I saw anything specifying that the DLs had to be from TX.  Just that you both had to have DLs or maybe some other picture ID. 
  • Both my husband and I had MA drivers licenses, but we just went first thing on the Monday or Tuesday before our Saturday wedding and we didn't have any problems. Just check out the website for more information and the number of days you need to have it beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards