Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

What NOT to do...

Well, some time ago I posted about an aquaintance who was engaged who was oversharing all wedding related items on facebook. It has gotten so out of control that I figured I would post just to show how FB oversharing about a wedding can go from 0 to annoying in 5 seconds:

-a facebook group was formed in which every friend she has was encouraged to send her their address for an invitation. My thought: that is a TON of people! What on earth happens if they all come! I'm sure they don't have an unlimited budget, so it just made me go 'hmmm'.
-Every detail of 'found the perfect venue', 'recommend your baker', 'does anyone know who does great wedding flowers', 'just picked up the bridesmaids dresses!', etc. had its own dedicated status, along with daily 'OMG, FI, I am SO lucky to be marrying you, I love you, can't wait for (insert # of days until the wedding) so I can be your wifey!. ::vom-worthy::
-When said invitation arrives (apparently my H sent her our address, because I wanted no part in this hot mess), there is an insert advising all guests of where they are registered (a total of 5 places. FIVE!), and in order to RSVP, you have to 'call or text'.
-On the exclusive facebook group, it was recently announced that a 6th registry is now available, but in all honesty, cash or visa cards would be PERFECT because they want to save for a honeymoon.
-Wedding goes from 10 AM until 2 PM, but lunch will not be served. ::headdesk:: 'Eat a big breakfast before you come, y'all!'
-My H text our regrets, and explained why we couldn't attend, and the response was something like 'oh, sorry you can't make it, but I'm sure you could do that anytime! We are only getting married once!' Um, what? I later told J that it is never necessary to give a reason why you're declining, especially since we're not close to these folks.
And last but not least,
-A mutual aquaintance posted on FB earlier today that she had ended her relationship with her FI. Bride comments on the post with 'OMG I'm so sorry to hear that! But you're still coming to my wedding, right?!'

So many times I've wanted to just message her and let her know that almost everything about this wedding is tacky, but I just can't do it. Instead, I'm just boycotting it and keeping the plans that we already have, which were actually made so we could avoid this trainwreck. J is a pushover and if not for the plans would probably want to go just to show support, and because a large group of our friends are planning to be there.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to share this insanity.

Re: What NOT to do...

• Options
    Holy heck...what is this girl thinking. how has someone not said something to this girl?? Her poor wedding party and family! you know they must be getting put through thr ringer. someone has created a monster!!
  • Options
    Ugh, I know. I think most of the people that see it aren't as put off by it as I am. She is in her 40's and you'd think that she would know better, but no such luck. It is funny to me that J points out all the tacky things that he sees now regarding their wedding--earlier today he said he was thankful that I wasn't a FB wedding over-sharer. I mean, a few things, but nothing like this.
  • Options
    Is this woman out of her mind?!  A four hour event during lunch???  The entire thing is tacky!!  I cannot imagine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol! Thanks for sharing. I got a good laugh out of it, and it made me feel like I'm doing just fine with our wedding planning. Gosh, that's all just so undenialbly tacky lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards