Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Which looks better?

Fabric Pom

or Tissue Pom

I liked the fabric ones (and they seem a bit easier) but after someone on another board pointed out they kind of look like loofahs, now that's all I can see!  Need an objective opinion.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Which looks better?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the tissue ones better
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're right- fabric looks like a loofah. I'd chose tissue.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I vote tissue. I've actually made some out of silk carnations from the dollar store...I was scared of the tissue poms since they are so labor intensive. The silk flower poms are really super easy to make-just be sure to but them out in case the flowers turn out to be discontinued down the road (which is what happened to me). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I  like the tissue also very pretty.
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm the odd girl out, but I like the fabric! I do like both of them though, poms are so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them both and I do see the loofah thing there.  However, I think the fabric ones look softer.  If someone starts picking at them, which one is harder to tear apart?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I came into the post and immediately thought ooo those top ones are super cute.  Then I read your post and now I cant see anything but loofahs.  I think if you like the fabric better and can get over seeing a loofah then go for it but if you point the loofah look-a-like out to people it may stick in their minds too.

• Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my first thought of the fabric was loofah! it's cute though! but I like the tissue the best :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...I think maybe I'll stick with the tissue based on the overwhelming response here.  I initially really liked the fabric ones more until I saw the loofah comment.  I would never point it out at my wedding LOL but I'm afraid someone else would and then it would spiral down from there.  Now I just need to find tissue in my colors!  Michaels and Hobby Lobby didn't have much of anything, which I anticipated.  Checking out Party City tomorrow and if that fails, I'll have to find somewhere to order off the interwebs.  Thanks for your opinions, everyone! :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly think it depends on your setting.   I loved the fabric flower pomanders I was making.  The tissue ones can come out looking either gorgeous or very "my 6 yr old neice made this in craft class".  Depending on your venue, time of year, etc, one may hold up or maintain its shape better than the other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm making mine out of tulle and I've kinda already committed to the project... and someone said they kinda look like loofahs.. oh, well!! lol
    http://amberandjosh.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/5/8/4858855/1302482.jpg?327
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say Tissue too. I like the fabric at first before you mentioned it looked like a loofah. I got mine off a etsy seller for $6.50 and it was way cheaper then trying to make one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards