Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Anyone here? V Day plans?

I bet you all are at home, warm in your beds!! Darn you!

In other news, I'm headed down to Dallas for the weekend to look at places to live with Jay. I wish it wasn't snow covered--he's never been to White Rock before and I was excited to show him the place, considering he is a cycling fanatic.

Also, I found the CUTEST dress on clearance for $35--I found it at a store in Dallas and I'm picking it up today:

It's this one, but in ivory--perfect for the rehearsal dinner!

http://www.windsorstore.com/shop_detail.aspx?id=99418&lcid=854

I will also be visiting Society Bakery today for a piece of red velvet goodness.

That is all.

Re: Anyone here? V Day plans?

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and what are your V Day plans? We're going to Bolla--anyone been there?
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute dress!  No big plans here.  We're doing dinner and a movie (Lightning Thief) tonight, then staying out of the crowds the rest of the weekend.  I'll cook a nice V-Day dinner.  What/where is Bolla?

GL this weekend!
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're supposed to get more snow this weekend, nothing like what Dallas got, though. This weekend I'll be packing for my move home and watching the Olympics. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wish I was home but had to come into work. We have reservations at Maggiano's for Saturday night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a cute dress!

We don't have any big plans for the weekend - I'm trying out some new recipes for dinner on Sunday.  Chris' ring is in but I kinda want to pick them up together so we're going to wait for mine to come in (our bands were our V Day gifts to each other).
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to our favorite Italian restaurant Daniele Osteria tomorrow night and then to the Library for a drink afterwards.

Ugh, I'm about to have to drive into work!  Cute dress Marissa!
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had to come into work also.  Booo.  We are just going to dinner somewhere local and then having drinks with some of our friends since we don't get to see them much. 

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marissa,
    But the lake will be beautiful with all that snow!!!!!!  I wish I wasn't so far away so that I could just drive over and see it.  I love the White Rock area.

I told Bill to cancel the hotel we were going to for tomorrow night.  We've stayed in hotel rooms four nights since last Saturday due to the weather and being absolutely too exhausted to drive home (and a trip to College Station).  I'm ready to  be at home.  It also turns out that it's a good thing we did our plans for tomorrow night instead of Sunday night because I now have to go to work on Monday.  Stupid school district!!!!  The roads are not bad at all and Channell 11 is now predicting snow on Sunday with a high at 38 and a low of 30 (or lower).  I think it would be hilarious to have our make up day be snowed out too.  Anyways, we're going to Dino's Claw and Chop House in Downtown Grapevine for dinner.  I am dying to see "Valentine's Day".
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that dress Marissa! I may have to get one for myself!!

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmm Dinos sounds yummy! I'm sorry your off day turned into an "on" day!

Bolla is the restaurant at The Stoneleigh, I think. That's all I know about it--Jay picked it out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in are going to make home made pizzas, watch movies, and drink our favorite wine. 

To me, that is amazing.  Our next 3 months are literally jam packed with things to do for the wedding and just staying home and enjoying the evening will be perfect for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm... Dino's in Grapevine is delicious. I think we are going to try new Artin's Grill at Shops at Legacy Sat for V Day.
  • Options
    jbell2010jbell2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I wanted to go out to the lake today but didn't make it before dark.  I bet it was beautiful!  Much of Lakewood is still without power tonight and there are so many trees down....be careful.
    I'm not really a fan of Valentine's Day.  Thank goodness fiance knows this and promised to present me with nothing more than a complete and uninterupted day of wedding planning.  :)  The perfect gift! 
  • Options
    Kpetty1010Kpetty1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in and cooking dinner together and gonna watch some romcom's with our favorite wine. We leave for Minnesota early monday morning, my first time meeting my future in-laws im a little nervous..but it will be ok
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After a ridiculously exhausting weekend, the dude took me to IHOP.  My request - I wanted pancakes and I wanted to stay in my sweats!  :)
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, where are you looking to live?  We're renting out our home in Plano and selling another in Frisco!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards