Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

Our neighbors suck.  I have never had to call the office about a neighbor since I moved out to go to college, but that may be happening this week.

Other than that, no B&Ms... SO EXCITED for the Thanksgiving holiday this week!!! :)
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate that I didn't have enough vacation to take off all week. Dang wedding and honeymoon!! ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The weekend sucked.

We GROSSLY underestimated how much time we needed to get moved out of our two apartments.  DH had barely packed anything by the time his brother and our friends showed up to help.  I had a lot packed, but had planned on finishing while they loaded his apartment in the truck.  Instead I had to help him.  So, one of our friends who came to help did a lot of my packing.  So now I a) don't know where anything is and b) have these boxes that she packed FULL of books, so they are impossibly heavy.  :/

So we got H out of his apartment around 4 yesterday (started this whole thing Saturday).  Spent the rest of the afternoon unloading everything into a storage unit.  We had a few items that were going to our new apartment, and we decided to load that in SIL's boyfriend's truck, just in time for it to start pouring on us.  Oh, and I'm still not out of my apartment.  Having some friends come by this evening to help me get everything out.

And then H had to leave for Pampa around 6 last night.  =(

But BAYLOR BEAT OU.  And Thanksgiving is in THREE DAYS so I guess I really can't complain.
    Anniversary

• Options
    KHollyTXKHollyTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  How stressful!  That's happened to me in the past and it totally sucks.  :(

I watched the Baylor/OU game and was so happy for Baylor!  I'm a UNT girl, but still I love that y'all got such a big win.  Go Bears!

No B&M's from me this morning except toward my own lack of food related willpower.  Grrrr. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Amanda, that sucks! 
    I'm sorry. I hate moving. Just HATE.

We're only an hour and a half into work and the crap has hit the fan several times. This weekend sucked and now this week sucks. Awesome.
  • Options
    aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto professor- moving is the WORST. Especially from apartments becuase after you move, you have to go back and deep clean. I couldn't imagine moving two apartments at the same time. 

As of Saturday I found out that I am hosting Thanksgiving at our house. I have never cooked a meal for this many people before- ever. I think I am going a little crazy. When we had first moved, I had expressed an interest in hosting everyone for thanksgiving, but no one let me know so I didn't plan on it. Now I have 3 days to get my sh together.

Anyone have any good thanksgiving recipes?  Preferrably low fat/ heart healthy?
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

While I was slow last week, I made out an extensive Thanksgiving grocery list at work. I left it here over the weekend. GAH!
    On a semi-related note, I have never eaten sweet potatoes. I recently tried sweet potato fries at Smash Burger and liked them--are they the same as yams? If not, do they taste similar? I am planning on making a sweet potato casserole for TG, but I think that I bought yams at the store.

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c2697e6c-2057-41ab-8f9d-610c20400dd5Post:44b34a3c-4e8f-4a62-b498-5e5cf247d141">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]While I was slow last week, I made out an extensive Thanksgiving grocery list at work. I left it here over the weekend. GAH! On a semi-related note, I have never eaten sweet potatoes. I recently tried sweet potato fries at Smash Burger and liked them--are they the same as yams? If not, do they taste similar? I am planning on making a sweet potato casserole for TG, but I think that I bought yams at the store.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Yes, yams and sweet potato(e)s are the same thing. :)
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c2697e6c-2057-41ab-8f9d-610c20400dd5Post:ccbfaf28-bc26-40cc-8f4c-7bb632757fba">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Yes, yams and sweet potato(e)s are the same thing. :)
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brianna :) I can safely avoid the grocery store produce section until after TG. What a freakin mess it was this weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c2697e6c-2057-41ab-8f9d-610c20400dd5Post:76dd10ff-1089-4e47-b121-cd2362fe01ed">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Thanks Brianna :) I can safely avoid the grocery store produce section until after TG. What a freakin mess it was this weekend.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

When we went the whole store was a freaking nightmare. Complete with people letting their children crawl all over the floor. Because the aisle isn't narrow enough already. 

On a happy note...I still have 13.5 days PTO this year. Time to schedule that. :D

ETA:I can't understand why people are so concerned with whether or not we are having lunch brought in on Wednesday. Then they want to know what it is and from where. This may be just an irrational irritation but I've been hearing people ask about it for weeks now. Just come on Wednesday and if there's food great. If not get your own. I think I'm going to be scroogey this holiday season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c2697e6c-2057-41ab-8f9d-610c20400dd5Post:6dc5ee5d-c667-468d-923c-6b138973fc57">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]ditto professor- moving is the WORST.<strong> Especially from apartments becuase after you move, you have to go back and deep clean.</strong> I couldn't imagine moving two apartments at the same time.  As of Saturday I found out that I am hosting Thanksgiving at our house. I have never cooked a meal for this many people before- ever. I think I am going a little crazy. When we had first moved, I had expressed an interest in hosting everyone for thanksgiving, but no one let me know so I didn't plan on it. Now I have 3 days to get my sh together. Anyone have any good thanksgiving recipes?  Preferrably low fat/ heart healthy?
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

One nice thing about this is that our complex charges a cleaning fee whether we clean or not, so at least I don't have to worry about that.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c2697e6c-2057-41ab-8f9d-610c20400dd5Post:40b45a57-61d9-400b-b34d-f38d389ed8b3">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : One nice thing about this is that our complex charges a cleaning fee whether we clean or not, so at least I don't have to worry about that.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

That's really nice!

That's always something that I stress about when FI moves is cleaning good enough.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eugh, I hate moving as well.  It's never seems like it will be the huge ordeal it turns out to be.  Even if you think you have everything setup perfectly, something always seems to happen.  When I helped FI move out of his little house he rented in Lubbock, we should have not cleaned anything. I busted my butt to get that place into shape and the landlord refused to refund his deposit due to water damage from broken pipes in the bathroom, which FI told her about over a year before on several occasions and she refused to fix it.  @$$.

When we move again, we'll hire a cleaning service and consider it done.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even want to think about moving. Getting married is enough work in and of itself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards